Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest bimpy474

Got to wonder what effect this would have on the rest of the squad btw. What message it sends out, that the club captain might want to leave. Could quite easily be catastrophic.

Hoping it'll be like when Barton and Nolan went, Colo stepped up when he wasn't the one most would have expected. Someone else always does and that one will need to show leadership, otherwise this could destroy us as you said.

What do people expect on the training ground pics like? Shots of him sitting in a corner rocking back and forth and having to have all sharp objects removed from his possession? :lol:

Got to wonder what effect this would have on the rest of the squad btw. What message it sends out, that the club captain might want to leave. Could quite easily be catastrophic.

If the rumours about the strong French contingent causing shit are true I don't imagine it'll cause that much trouble outside of Colo's group, which seems to consist of Jonas, Santon and Xisco.

What do people expect on the training ground pics like? Shots of him sitting in a corner rocking back and forth and having to have all sharp objects removed from his possession? :lol:

It's all in the body language man.....

If he goes Cabaye will be captain, maybe there is a power struggle between the two, colo doesn't seem the most vocal of leaders, Cabaye has a lot of French buddies to back him up.

Interesting point. Maybe there's truth to this whole French/Spanish-speaking thing Macdonald got a lot of abuse on here for and Colo feels that he's not valued any more. When you look at the Debuchy transfer it makes you wonder about the influence Cabaye now has at the club.

Which hasnt been great on the pitch

Him and Jonas with two fingers stuck up behind Pardews back. Would be mildly more acceptable than the last time at least.

IF this is rubbish they need to nip it in the bud now. As news such as this isn't going to help in our quest for new signings.

I can't see it being rubbish like, Independent aren't exactly known for making shit up....it's been rumbling on a while by all accounts with no denial.

But fuck this, he can't leave in this window, happy or not...normally I'd want to let an unhappy player leave, but we can't at the minute...it would be the final nail in the coffin of this cuntfacedbastard of a season

even if it is true its not in ashleys nature to just let him go for nowt when he'd have to get a replacement which would cost money. Plus I'm distrustful of any story in jan even remotely transfer related since all the papers are trying to one up each other on "exclusives" and this is the same writer who put QPR last week at the head of the que for Remy because of their wage structure (and if french media is to be believed he didn't even want to talk money with them)

If he goes Cabaye will be captain, maybe there is a power struggle between the two, colo doesn't seem the most vocal of leaders, Cabaye has a lot of French buddies to back him up.

Interesting point. Maybe there's truth to this whole French/Spanish-speaking thing Macdonald got a lot of abuse on here for and Colo feels that he's not valued any more. When you look at the Debuchy transfer it makes you wonder about the influence Cabaye now has at the club.

http://blogs.whatsontv.co.uk/tvspy/wp-content/gallery/the-wire-series-5/wire-marlo-2-free.jpg

Sorry like I don't buy the 'not valued' thing at all. They valued him by making him the highest paid player at the club, the manager compared him to Bobby Moore. Even Cabaye has mentioned in interviews in the past that he sees Colo as out best player. The players all seem to admire and respect him, for me this is either something in his personal life or something directly related to the manager.

You've also got to consider we're now shopping exclusively in France. I know it may sound daft, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club have seen an issue between the French part of the dressing room and the rest and have simply decided to try and head it off by shopping across the channel.

I thought the mexican standoff during sprints was pretty telling.

Which hasnt been great on the pitch

:knuppel2: