Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest tollemache

Ah they're just trying to give Coloccini as much of an excuse as possible to go mental and demand to leave ....must say this is my least favourite bit of transfer news ever

Guest bimpy474

Is it just me, or is this whole thing mental? Colo has lost it, San Lorenzo are demented, the media are reporting guesses as if they're fact, Colo's Dad has lost his marbles, his agent is playing it down. Can't take it, the world's gone mad.

It is rather bizarre in every direction.

Bye, don't want players who doesn't want to play for us. Thanks for the good performances though

I bet you want them to want play for us though. There's a difference.

Of course i want him to want to play for us.  I want Messi and Ronaldo to want to play for us aswell. But they don't. What is the difference?

This is a f*cking farce.... they are giving us a week to decide if we want to let him go for nothing :lol:

I would be shocked by it all, but with NUFC you can never be shocked by anything.

Think it's a headline writer's deadline TBF. All the quotes say is that they will move on soon if they can't sign Colo. Which they probably will have to, because they probably can't.

Guest bimpy474

I mean, they've said themselves that they probably can't sign Colo. The press are putting a weird slant on it, as if it's a normal situation of a club bidding for him.

Aye, its quite mental. Not sure i've ever seen a transfer story like it before. Players leaving for their own reasons yes, but not a club going on like they are.

This is a f*cking farce.... they are giving us a week to decide if we want to let him go for nothing :lol:

I would be shocked by it all, but with NUFC you can never be shocked by anything.

Think it's a headline writer's deadline TBF. All the quotes say is that they will move on soon if they can't sign Colo. Which they probably will have to, because they probably can't.

They also said they can't buy him so they are basically saying, rescind his contract or we can't do anything..... great ultimatum that.

:lol: missed this, absolutely 0% chance in hell he's going back to the Primera at the end of next season. The two that could (at a massive push and huge wage reduction) don't need him, in relative terms, plus why would he end his career so early giving that fuck Argentina off as soon as he could.

The disparity between Brazilian clubs and the rest of South American clubs at the moment is huge which makes their relatives failings (Santos aside) in the Copa Lib/SudAmer... even more amusing.

Really?

If only I could have forseen these personal problems a year previously and got down the bookies. 

Cool points scoring though :thup:

There were rumors around a year ago that he wanted to go back home, I just didn't post them on here as there wasn't any reasoning behind it. 'he wants to go home' 'why?' 'Not sure just becoming an idea and hes looking in to it'

What do you do with that? Say owt more after the reaction i got for suggesting it. (did say 'Not in the press no.' when asked if something had been said) Maybe a year ago things were happening.  :hmm: Be about right timing from what were hearing now :)

Thought it justified bringing up considering what is going on, thought you had thicker skin and would react differently, nowt personal, could have been one of several posts :lol:

Is it just me, or is this whole thing mental? Colo has lost it, San Lorenzo are demented, the media are reporting guesses as if they're fact, Colo's Dad has lost his marbles, his agent is playing it down. Can't take it, the world's gone mad.

I'm with you all the way here Ian. This whole episode is just fucking bizarre.

San Lorenzo: Alreet lads, you see that world class centre half you've got? Er, we'll have him if you don't mind. Cheers.

MA: What's your offer?

San Lorenzo: Eh? Pay for him? Are yee tekking the piss? Nah, we'll just take him thanks.

This is just completely bizarre.

I'm not bothered if the fucker wants to go home. He's under contract here. Tell him you'll release him in the summer if we have to and then, when we get there (hopefully still a Premiership Club) demand a fee for him.

I'm truly not bothered about dicking him about in the summer, the priority has to be to keep him this window and then replace him urgently when we can.

You just don't bring a pair of centre halves in during January and expect good things to happen.

I'm hoping the request to go home is a flare-up of emotions that will die down, and it has coincided with the quotes from San Lorenzo and his Dad to give the whole thing more momentum.

As you say, we can't afford to let him go, so the most likely thing is that he'll end up here until at least the summer, happy or not.

I'm hoping the request to go home is a flare-up of emotions that will die down, and it has coincided with the quotes from San Lorenzo and his Dad to give the whole thing more momentum.

As you say, we can't afford to let him go, so the most likely thing is that he'll end up here until at least the summer, happy or not.

I fucking hope so.

He's not gonna win if he's after a run-in with Mike/Dekka though. No way. They'll fuck him over as soon as look at him.

Also, when did he actually sign the new deal? It's not even been a year yet has it?

Unless Pardews been dipping his wife tell them to stick their deadline up their arses

Lammens added: "Coloccini's arrival is very difficult. We can't go out and buy him; we have always said that we depended on the desire of the player to rescind [his deal].

"We can offer him a very good contract in the case of him rescinding, but San Lorenzo have nothing left to do with regards to the negotiating."

Surely if we havent given permission for them to talk to Coloccini this is illegal tapping up of a player.

Seem to be a law unto themselves

Perhaps it's something like a close loved one back home being terminally ill or something? Seems like the most intuitive explanation.

If it was just that I'm sure his dad or someone else would've mentioned it.