Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest firetotheworks

So it's basically like 14 million up front that we would need to get, based on £60,000 per week over 4 years 6 months?

Anyone watch the Argentine leagues? Not that I advocate releasing Colo to them but do they have any good players on their books for player exchange, preferably at end of season.

that would involve them losing money from selling those guys on so they won't agree to that

Anyone watch the Argentine leagues? Not that I advocate releasing Colo to them but do they have any good players on their books for player exchange, preferably at end of season.

that would involve them losing money from selling those guys on so they won't agree to that

Aye but we should just lose money so they can get what they want :lol:

The more I think the more I am confused. So Colo wants to pay the club 6m as compensation to be back to Argentina to play for San Lorenzo?

serious?

Where did you see that? Even if that's his proposal, it all depends on the goodwill of the club since he isn't 2 years into his contract yet to activate any FIFA rule on contract breaking.

Guest Roger Kint

Swap him for Stracqualursi  :bluestar:

Thats the limit of my San Lorenzo knowledge  :lol:

Aye but we should just lose money so they can get what they want :lol:

that is more or less their position

christ ashley's looking like fat fred in comparison to these guys

I'm struggling to get my head around this, how does it work surely we can't just let him go for nowt or what's the protection for the clubs?

Would he have to pay off his contract?

Didn't Jonas buy out of his contact or do something similar when we got him?

Yeah i mean this should be no different to say tevez or modric being desperate to leave and tottenham and city simply saying no. Modric got on and had a very good season last year with tottenham. Tevez claimed he had "family issues" but he eventually got over it and is now fine.

We shouldn't bend over for players. Colo has no way out unless someone pays his contract simple as that.

Can't blame him, before this season he was talking about CL, that we should built on last season. And then, lack of investment, injuries, poor results and selling the topscorer. Think his fed up with this club and the pepole who runs it. Maybe this explains his poor form and the relation to pardew. Think his very frustrated... Wake up call to fat ashley!!!!!

I'm struggling to get my head around this, how does it work surely we can't just let him go for nowt or what's the protection for the clubs?

He can't buy it out until 2 years into the contract. He's relying on us to say 'Oh ok we'll let you go for free' basically.

Guest Roger Kint

Jonas was over 2 years into his contract i think(or within two years of it ending)

Guest Roger Kint

Can't blame him, before this season he was talking about CL, that we should built on last season. And then, lack of investment, injuries, poor results and selling the topscorer. Think his fed up with this club and the pepole who runs it. Maybe this explains his poor form and the relation to pardew. Think his very frustrated... Wake up call to fat ashley!!!!!

:lol:

:facepalm:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/699/1798/1600/joey.jpg

No I mean everyone knows San Lorenzo has no money. Even Colo knows too. And it is dead sure that we won't release him for free. So if Colo asks to leave, the only things he can do is to pay the money himself, probably a sum less than the full amount of his remaining contract.  Someone brought up 6m as the figure so I just take it. In fact his remaining contract should worth over 10m.

So his problem is so serious that he has to pay to leave here and back to Argentina? He just kinda giving up his career and wealth all of a sudden.  This is fucking mental.

Guest reefatoon

Just move along, nothing to see here . . . .

"Coloccini's arrival is very difficult. We can't go out and buy him... we have always said that we depended on the desire of the player to rescind [his deal].

"We can offer him a very good contract in the case of him rescinding, but San Lorenzo have nothing left to do with regards to the negotiating,"

what exactly would that entail?  Him paying up his contract?

Would think the club will look for some sort of compensation from Colo if San Lorenzo can't. We chose to let Barton go for nothing but that was a pretty unique situation. I don't see the club making a habit of it! We gave Colo that contract to keep him at the club for continuity and to be part of the infrastructure. If this is as reported that plan is well and truly f*cked. Regardless of his contract there is little point in hanging on to a high profile player if said player does not want to be here. 

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/699/1798/1600/joey.jpg

;D  ;D  ;D

Guest firetotheworks

It would rank as the most stupid thing that Ashley has ever done, if we let him go.

1. We don't have to

2. We're in a relegation battle

3. He's irreplacable for a number of reasons

4. Letting him go would have further implications; players knowing they can play the heart strings, he's our captain etc.

As usual though, I still wouldn't put it past him.

If he really needs to get away from newcastle then he should be quite happy going to Italy or spain sell him for his proper value, then go to Argentina at the end of that contract.

If we back down and let him go on a free it's the most generous thing Ashley has ever done. It really isn't going to happen.

Surely he will waive loyalty payments etc if he is that desperate to go because the club are going to be losing a lot of money on him so it would only be fair for him to make some concessions as well.  If he is the one who has cocked things up, I don't see why the club should lose out because of that.