Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Cabaye is our captain now, colo my have the armband when on the pitch but in every other respect Cabaye is the main man.

In terms of him being injured and away, it's good for him, let him enjoy himself and blow of some steam. I've got no problem with him being there or in the stands supporting his club, even if they are a bunch of cunts for trying to nab him for free. He's either going at the end of the season, therefore we've removed an unhappy player from the squad while we have 2 fit and capable CBs doing a better job than he has all season, or some time off may help him in his decision to stay for next season and beyond. Either way him not being here is good for the club.

Personally I want him gone. He's nowhere near the player of last season, is still our highest paid player and we can go find someone younger and committed with him off the books, leaving Cabaye to officially step it to the captain role while hoping Jonas fucks off with him.

Cabaye is our captain now, colo my have the armband when on the pitch but in every other respect Cabaye is the main man.

In terms of him being injured and away, it's good for him, let him enjoy himself and blow of some steam. I've got no problem with him being there or in the stands supporting his club, even if they are a bunch of cunts for trying to nab him for free. He's either going at the end of the season, therefore we've removed an unhappy player from the squad while we have 2 fit and capable CBs doing a better job than he has all season, or some time off may help him in his decision to stay for next season and beyond. Either way him not being here is good for the club.

Personally I want him gone. He's nowhere near the player of last season, is still our highest paid player and we can go find someone younger and committed with him off the books, leaving Cabaye to officially step it to the captain role while hoping Jonas fucks off with him.

Wanting good, on their day great players like he and Jonas to fuck off out of the club. Fair enough. :lol:

Can we get as good/better replacements in for little more than the money we'd get for them? Hope so, but it's not an enviable task.

/oh, apropos of nothing much, Cabaye said in his last interview that his English is not good enough to take a leading captains role in the dressing room. That'll need to change sharply too.

I'm seriously doubting his injury now tbh.

I'm not. I saw him fucking do it.

Back injuries can be very difficult to confirm by medical examination. It's an old trick for agents to advise players who want to leave to say they've got a back injury.

Wanting good, on their day great players like he and Jonas to fuck off out of the club. Fair enough. :lol:

Can we get as good/better replacements in for little more than the money we'd get for them? Hope so, but it's not an enviable task.

/oh, apropos of nothing much, Cabaye said in his last interview that his English is not good enough to take a leading captains role in the dressing room. That'll need to change sharply too.

Cabaye's interviews in English are almost as good as Colo's already (colo doesnt do many and the ones he has done aren't great) Colo doesn't speak perfect English, far from it. I'm more confident in Cabaye having the determination to make sure his English is up to scratch asap than I would in Colo doing the same even now as a captain.

Jonas hasn't been great on his day for about 2 seasons and is only going to get worse. Keeping him for sentimental reasons is stupid, nice guy yes, awful player 95% of this season.

Colo's best days are behind him, we wouldn't need a direct replacement to be better off, just someone to put pressure on Taylor & Mbwia. If we could convince Douglas to come here and not go to Italy we've replaced Colo for nothing. It can be done and our lot have replaced players well over the recent years.

Btw Haidara injury; Cabaye straight on twitter showing support for his injured team mate (also showing support watching our game (did colo?) and congratulating Taylor (colo's partner for years) on his call up) still waiting for Colo's response.

I'm not. I saw him fucking do it.

Back injuries can be very difficult to confirm by medical examination. It's an old trick for agents to advise players who want to leave to say they've got a back injury.

So his agent went "I'll tell you what Colo, do a fucking wicked overhead kick near the corner flag against Southampton and we'll say you've knacked your back"? I somehow doubt it. I'd also like to think the club and its doctors have enough of a grip on this newfangled x-ray technology to see if he has actually broken his back.

It's conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory on here sometimes.

I'm not. I saw him f***ing do it.

So his agent went "I'll tell you what Colo, do a f***ing wicked overhead kick near the corner flag against Southampton and we'll say you've knacked your back"? I somehow doubt it. I'd also like to think the club and its doctors have enough of a grip on this newfangled x-ray technology to see if he has actually broken his back.

Exactly, the club have come out and said 'he has broken 2 bones in his back' ... I'm sure they checked for themselves :lol:

Unless they're in on the conspiracy :shifty:

Btw Haidara injury; Cabaye straight on twitter showing support for his injured team mate (also showing support watching our game (did colo?) and congratulating Taylor (colo's partner for years) on his call up) still waiting for Colo's response.

Cabaye didn't comment on Debuchy's injury either. Are they having a lovers tiff or are you just being presumptuous?

Please tell me you're just on the wind-up? Surely right? Just because Colo doesn't publicly contact one of our players via Twitter means he doesn't care? So the fact that behind closed doors he may have rung the player up and been speaking to him for nine hours straight DEFINITELY hasn't happened because it's not in the public domain? I just don't understand how people who support our club can't grasp the fact that things happen which aren't done in full view of the public.

It's like people who were calling for Xisco to be given a chance when for all we knew he'd stunk up every single training session he'd ever been at. Likewise that Colo is faking an injury, hates the club and has shafted us good and proper. For all we know, his wife could be dying, he's suspended his salary and has streamed every single Newcastle game, wanking in front of the screen when Santon drilled in that right-footer. For once, can we give players at our club the benefit of any doubt?

Some ridiculously precious people in this thread. :lol:

Couldn't give the shiniest shit what Colo does or doesn't do when he's injured as long as he's not wrestling sharks. Hope to have him back soon though. :thup:

Guest icemanblue

Couldn't give the shiniest shit what Colo does or doesn't do when he's injured as long as he's not wrestling sharks. Hope to have him back soon though. :thup:

I agree with Wu... agree with Wull... Wul... uh...

This.

Couldn't give the shiniest s*** what Colo does or doesn't do when he's injured as long as he's not wrestling sharks. Hope to have him back soon though. :thup:

I agree with Wu... agree with Wull... Wul... uh...

This.

:lol:

Agree as well. As long as when he's fit, he's back here, I don't really care what he does in the meantime.

So his agent went "I'll tell you what Colo, do a f***ing wicked overhead kick near the corner flag against Southampton and we'll say you've knacked your back"? I somehow doubt it. I'd also like to think the club and its doctors have enough of a grip on this newfangled x-ray technology to see if he has actually broken his back.

Exactly, the club have come out and said 'he has broken 2 bones in his back' ... I'm sure they checked for themselves :lol:

Okay, fine. I withdraw the insinuation.

:lol: You having a go at Colo for not being on Twitter? Howay, man. I'm sure he's spoke to him, he doesn't have to let you know he has, though.

Getting ridiculous all this now.

Honestly, I wouldn't be that surprised. Can see the club and him having come to an agreement that he is allowed to return to Argentina, but the club pays him less, as we feel confident in Taylor and Yanga-Mbiwa. That is also the reason why we've been given such a vague return date for Colo, "3-8 weeks" or something like that, wasn't it? Should Taylor break again, we'll tell Colo to get his arse back here.

Obviously completely baseless speculation, and I realise I sound like Parky, but I wouldn't be hugely surprised if that was the case.

Honestly, I wouldn't be that surprised. Can see the club and him having come to an agreement that he is allowed to return to Argentina, but the club pays him less, as we feel confident in Taylor and Yanga-Mbiwa. That is also the reason why we've been given such a vague return date for Colo, "3-8 weeks" or something like that, wasn't it? Should Taylor break again, we'll tell Colo to get his arse back here.

Obviously completely baseless speculation, and I realise I sound like Parky, but I wouldn't be hugely surprised if that was the case.

Why would the club pay him anything in that case? Why would the club allow him to do such a thing when we're battling near the bottom of the table knowing fine well if they put their foot down he'd probably make himself available, unless Ashley values Colo's happiness over his investment? Why be so accommodating and go the extra mile to do all these things when they know he'll be on his way out in the summer for what I imagine will be much less than his market value?

None of these suggestions make any sense on any level, man :lol:

Maybe Coloccini got injured doing that overhead kick in the corner.

I'd say possibly two broken bones or something in his back.

The club then let him go home to rehabilitate as a) he's already homesick and b) what difference does it make?

Then maybe he just went to a match while he was at home as he's a fan of the club.

Crazy I know.

The club then let him go home to rehabilitate as a) he's already homesick and b) what difference does it make?

Then maybe he just went to a match while he was at home as he's a fan of the club.

Crazy I know.

Sush you, with your common sense.

Crazy I know.

Heard it all now. No way this bullshit is true.

Ahem.  OK, here's what we've got: the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires are forcing our Coloccini to go to Argentina early in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner. 

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0y2er4VfJ1qztjn5o1_500.png

We're through the looking glass, here, people...