Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Sorry the independent ran an article about his likely return and people responded to it. If people had known what was actually going on, rather than what was reported, I doubt anyone would have made their comments.

Well exactly, thats the point isnt it?

No. The point is the parameter's of this debate have always been the merits and justifications of Colo going back to Argentina. That discussion centred around his private life and the fact that it's the Derby this weekend, following a report from a National Newspaper. To see people now mocking others opinions of what was perceived to be true at the time just seems a bit silly.

It's funny that nobody knew what was going on.

If you cant make a distinction between a major National running a story and wild conjecture then you probably won't appreciate the above. The Independent is a fairly decent source.  As football fan's we will never know exactly what goes on behind the scenes. Doesn't mean we should be silent.

Sorry the independent ran an article about his likely return and people responded to it. If people had known what was actually going on, rather than what was reported, I doubt anyone would have made their comments.

In other words...It's not our fault, the Independent lied to us, we don't really mean that about Colo now we know it's not true.

Terrific support for your club captian right there.

In other words...It's not our fault, the Independent lied to us, we don't really mean that about Colo now we know it's not true.

Terrific support for your club captian right there.

I'm perfectly capable of expressing myself without it being necessary for you to paraphrase :thup:. Peoples opinions were formed by something that is now known to be false. That doesn't stop those people from supporting Coloccini now.

I don't see how you can take anything from this experience personally.

Anyway I'm happy that the club captain is back for an important game. That's all that matters.

Why humble pie ? people responded to the story about him fkn off home, so a new bit of info comes out today saying something different.

Lets wait and see if he is at the derby game or not.

What difference does that make?

Why humble pie ? people responded to the story about him fkn off home, so a new bit of info comes out today saying something different.

None whatsoever is the answer to that. He's completely missed the point.

If he isn't fit to play will he be there anyway ?

Fans again given strange information, out for 8 weeks gone back to Argie, so the reactions that came from that were fair enough. Now it seems that info was untrue, great news lets hope he plays.

Fans again given strange information, out for 8 weeks gone back to Argie, so the reactions that came from that were fair enough. Now it seems that info was untrue, great news lets hope he plays.

The reactions weren't fair enough, a lot were way over the top.

We're a football club, not a prison.  If a player is injured he has every right to go and spend time with his family, no matter where his family live.  I would much rather have a player, any player, at home with his family when injured rather than being thousands of miles away because we need to keep our players happy.  An injured player is useless to us so anything which gets them fit quicker should be done.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew just saying we decided to let him stay in Argentina for 4 or 5 days, being treated by the Argentina national team to let the injury settle down.

That little sentence ends all the fuss in my opinion. Don't insist he's brought home to be treated, just treat him there.

There's a key difference..... 1. Came from a random reporter with history of getting things wrong.... 2. Today has came from straight from the Horses mouth.

There's was massive overreaction to begin with anyway.... He was injured with his national team he probably never came back to begin with and the club decided to let him receive treatment there instead of getting him on a plane back here which could have aggravated the injury( pure conjecture of course but nothing more than the bollocks that was going on here during the week) .... he's now back and training with the team and might play.

The club, Pardew and Colo have done nothing wrong in the slightest. People just very quick to judge Pardew's man management, the club's lack of communication and Colo's commitment. Bit silly really but it's blown over now, hopefully he might be fit to make Sunday, great if so.

Guest bimpy474

There's a key difference..... 1. Came from a random reporter with history of getting things wrong.... 2. Today has came from straight from the Horses mouth.

There's was massive overreaction to begin with anyway.... He was injured with his national team he probably never came back to begin with and the club decided to let him receive treatment there instead of getting him on a plane back here which could have aggravated the injury( pure conjecture of course but nothing more than the bollocks that was going on here during the week) .... he's now back and training with the team and might play.

Basically that's just what Pardew just said.

The reactions weren't fair enough, a lot were way over the top.

We're a football club, not a prison.  If a player is injured he has every right to go and spend time with his family, no matter where his family live.  I would much rather have a player, any player, at home with his family when injured rather than being thousands of miles away because we need to keep our players happy.  An injured player is useless to us so anything which gets them fit quicker should be done.

How would being in Argentina get him fitter than here?

Guest bimpy474

Oh right :lol: i hadn't seen that quote... what a lucky guess that is.  :D

Or you just read my post above yours :lol:

I believe you though  :laugh: