Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Who would the back-up attackers be?

It's out of Cole, Ba & Ferdinand. There I say I think the first two are better players but I like Sir Les the most. Would probably have Sir Les over Ba.

Back up CM's? Speed and Dyer.

I wouldn't put Ba anywhere near the squad personally.

Oh aye Bellamy is why I thought to ask the question anyway. Bellamy and Cole for me.

Bellamy, at times, was outstanding. I think the argument for his inclusion in any squad comes from the fact that he was a really unique player - lightning quick, aggresive, alert and he created a fuck load of attacking momentum.

There's not another forward in our recent history that you can liken to Bellamy really and, for that reason, you've got listen to any argument including him in an all time 11.

If we were picking teams for effectiveness and ability to actually blend together as a team (rather than best 11 stand out individuals) you'd have to seriously consider Bellamy because he could play alongside anyone really. An Andy Cole, a Shearer (as proven), a Ba or Big Les.

I know he gets some stick from us but Jenas was fucking good too under Sir Bobby.

He really looked the part at the time for a kid. Was great at keeping possession and whatnot. His career never really progressed after the SBR era.

Turned out to be a journeyman midfielder when, at the time, he had the world at his feet.

Oh aye Bellamy is why I thought to ask the question anyway. Bellamy and Cole for me.

Bellamy, at times, was outstanding. I think the argument for his inclusion in any squad comes from the fact that he was a really unique player - lightning quick, aggresive, alert and he created a fuck load of attacking momentum.

There's not another forward in our recent history that you can liken to Bellamy really and, for that reason, you've got listen to any argument including him in an all time 11.

If we were picking teams for effectiveness and ability to actually blend together as a team (rather than best 11 stand out individuals) you'd have to seriously consider Bellamy because he could play alongside anyone really. An Andy Cole, a Shearer (as proven), a Ba or Big Les.

:thup:

Bellamy is one of my favourite players to have played in B&W tbh, would love to have a player like him now.

Bellamy is one of my favourite players to have played in B&W tbh, would love to have a player like him now.

Thinking about it, Bellamy and Andy Cole (in his NUFC prime) would have been unbelievable - lightning quick and unplayable at times.

Defenses would have such a deep line to prevent getting caught in behind or left 1 on 1 in a race.

Despite how shite things are now, we've been blessed with some talent over the last 20 years. I'd go with:

Given

Beye, Colo, Woodgate, Enrique

Solano, Dyer, Speed, Robert

Shearer, Bellamy

Subs:

Krul

Albert

Batty

Ginola

Lee

Beardsley

Ferdinand

Only reason I've gone with Bellamy over Beardsley is because I only really become what I would call a proper football fan in 1995, so didn't see the best of Beardsley. Also why Cole isn't even on the bench.

Also, I think that had Parker left straight after his first season he would be held in much higher regard around here. Like Hamann, he was immense over one season.

Bellamy, at times, was outstanding. I think the argument for his inclusion in any squad comes from the fact that he was a really unique player - lightning quick, aggresive, alert and he created a f*** load of attacking momentum.

Thinking about it, Bellamy and Andy Cole (in his NUFC prime) would have been unbelievable - lightning quick and unplayable at times.

Defenses would have such a deep line to prevent getting caught in behind or left 1 on 1 in a race.

Bellamy to push the defences back. Cole to twist and turn in the box when they employ the deep line.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140222/captain-colos-relishing-his-return_2281670_3681480

"After seven weeks out it is nice to finally be back," said Coloccini.

"I have been injured since New Year's Day and, during that time, it has been very difficult to watch the team's performances and results without being able to do anything about it.

"You want to help your teammates but you can do nothing and it gets very frustrating.

"But I am just pleased to be back now. It means that I can do my best on the training pitch and in matches to help the team and hopefully get us winning games again."

Despite the Magpies' recent run of results, Coloccini is convinced there is the quality in the St. James' Park dressing room to have an impressive end to the 2013/14 campaign.

"In every season, there are good times and bad times but we are a good team full of good players and we have to keep working hard and remain positive," he said.

"It does not help to spend too much time thinking about matches that have now gone. Instead, we have to look at the ones in front of us - the final 12 games of the season - and try to start picking up points again.

"That begins against Aston Villa."

:smitten:

Class player, great to have him back.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They could probably hoy a mop at centre half and tell people it's Coloccini and we'd do better than having Taylor there.

The last time he was coming back from injury and looking likely to be thrown straight in, he was mainly being written off and Shane Long was going to tear him apart.

Now the feeling seems to be we are desperate for him to be back in the team  :lol:

He's still my first name on the teamsheet for me. Oozes class and the back four seems to get confidence from just having him there. We may have suffered heavy defeats with him in the side but we haven't went on long periods of them like we do when he's missing.

Would be nice to see him reach close to his best again for the rest of the season before he (more than likely) heads home for good in the summer. Would hate for him to leave a slightly bitter taste by playing naff, cos he's been a cracking player for us for a lot of his time here.

Guest bimpy474

The last time he was coming back from injury and looking likely to be thrown straight in, he was mainly being written off and Shane Long was going to tear him apart.

Now the feeling seems to be we are desperate for him to be back in the team  :lol:

He's still my first name on the teamsheet for me. Oozes class and the back four seems to get confidence from just having him there. We may have suffered heavy defeats with him in the side but we haven't went on long periods of them like we do when he's missing.

Shane Long didn't play like.

Shane Long didn't play like.

Ermmmm, yes he did Bimps and Colo had him in his pocket...we won thanks to a rare Sissoko screamer.

People were digging at Pardew for the thought of Colo coming back straight back in and replacing Mym. Tbf Mym was excellent in Colo's absence, yet with that said the way people talked about Colo was like he was finished and completely shit.