Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

When Woodgate played for us in 2003 he had that composure of a truly quality centre half and people said he was the best centre half they'd seen play for the club. Do you think Colo has at the very least equalled that if not bettered?? Just looks so composed.

Colo > Woodgate. For one thing, Coloccini spends most of his time out on the pitch than on the treatment table.

Need to sign him up before the big clubs start to take more notice. He is on current form the best centre-half in the league along with Kompany. Sign him up for the 5 years and sign an 18 year old centre half with similar attributes that will ultimately replace Colo in 4 years time.

Aye, let's bring in an 18 year old Coloccini, an 18 year old Peter Schmeichel, and an 18 year old Zidane.

Did I not say similar attributes, meaning a ball playing centre half. Rather than signing another foreign centre half, that will take a season and a half to become accustomed with the pace and strength of the league. Sign a younger player and let him develop into the position, learning his trade from Coloccini.

Aye, let's bring in an 18 year old Coloccini, an 18 year old Peter Schmeichel, and an 18 year old Zidane.

Tbf we do have Graham 'Not the gay one, that's Alan' Carr.

That being said, Alan could be useful spotting young boys with a lot of potential.

Hmm...trying to think which contract negotiations that made it to the press first actually ended up in a satisfactory conclusion, Saylor? Rest of them have been kept under wraps and sprung on us. Be absolutely shit if the board are painting Colo in to a corner, especially with all the good will going round ATM.

Hmm...trying to think which contract negotiations that made it to the press first actually ended up in a satisfactory conclusion, Saylor? Rest of them have been kept under wraps and sprung on us. Be absolutely shit if the board are painting Colo in to a corner, especially with all the good will going round ATM.

Shola and Carroll's too.

At their absolute peak I would say Woodgate was better because he has everything Colo has but with more pace.

I would have preferred Colo to Woodgate though.

+ bigger and better in the air.

I would also prefer Colo of the two.

At their absolute peak I would say Woodgate was better because he has everything Colo has but with more pace.

I would have preferred Colo to Woodgate though.

Woodgate was never quite as good on the ball as Colo. I think Colo is much better going forward.

Is it wrong of me to be skeptical about this offer?

How many times have papers like the Sunday Sun told us of these great offers and increased wage packet only to find out there is either a catch or they are refusing to negotiate and the player is shown the door.

Get the contract talks in the press early to soften the blow of the inevitable.

Maybe I am being harsh. The only news I want to know about Coloccini's contract is that he has signed one, not that Llambais has made him an offer.

Guest Chubby Jason

it's great to have such a classy player at the back for us. I just hope we supplement our CB's in Jan as our back up is tripe.

Have to say, my initial reaction was that of those who are sceptical and for the same as many have given.

We just seem to have such a weird policy when it comes to contract, Tiote will sign a new contact then we can't agree terms with Neil Taylor, Sign Cabaye, Simpson turns down an offer...

Guest bimpy474

Have to say, my initial reaction was that of those who are sceptical and for the same as many have given.

We just seem to have such a weird policy when it comes to contract, Tiote will sign a new contact then we can't agree terms with Neil Taylor, Sign Cabaye, Simpson turns down an offer...

Neil Taylor would have signed, it was his release clause that scuppered that deal, should have been £1m, turns out the wording meant offers in excess of £1m, the player can talk to the bidding team but the actual transfer fee is whatever the selling team asks for over £1m ,  Swansea were asking daft money for a player they only signed a year before for £100,000 or so.

If the cuntfaces in charge manage to destabilize the team spirit while we're lying 2nd in the Premiership by leaking such contract talks out to Murdoch's lapdogs, it'll be heartbreaking but not very surprising, indeed. Ridiculous if this bit of news is anything but a good one.

If the cuntfaces in charge manage to destabilize the team spirit while we're lying 2nd in the Premiership by leaking such contract talks out to Murdoch's lapdogs, it'll be heartbreaking but not very surprising, indeed. Ridiculous if this bit of news is anything but a good one.

Not sure if this is serious  :undecided:

Is it wrong of me to be skeptical about this offer?

How many times have papers like the Sunday Sun told us of these great offers and increased wage packet only to find out there is either a catch or they are refusing to negotiate and the player is shown the door.

Get the contract talks in the press early to soften the blow of the inevitable.

Maybe I am being harsh. The only news I want to know about Coloccini's contract is that he has signed one, not that Llambais has made him an offer.

Was tempted to say the same.

We first heard he was offered a contract a few weeks ago then nothing has happened. Now the club have felt the need to leak details of their fantastic offer to the local press. If what Kevin Nolan said was true then what they say the offer is may have no resemblence to what it actually is.

As far as I can remember making details of the offer public were a feature of Enrique, Barton, and Nolan's contract negotiations. On the other hand I don't recall hearing anything about a new deal for Tiote until he actually signed.

Really really hope this deal gets done but you can't say there aren't reasons to be sceptical.