We're Doomed

oldtype

I wish someone had told us that the Transfer Window shuts on July 14th these days :(

Our friendlies start in about 18 hours.

So f***.

It would have been nice to have all our signings done before the America trip. 7 months just isn't enough time  :angry:

A better squad, better facilities and some spare money with which to pay off debts is a positive, is it not?

Can't be arsed to get into the debate - given it's been done to death on here, but I'm interested in watching an entertaining, achieving team on a Saturday and throughout the season and not really arsed about debt (Ashley's own making) and whether we've got the biggest bore-hole in the North East (which should have been paid for out of the clubs many other revenue streams), we've got some of the biggest arse-holes in the North East but Derek Llambias, Pardew etc are a different story.

I'm sorry, what the f***? :lol:

NJM: Enrique hasn't gone, so he's still in this years squad. We've replaced Nolan with a better CM. Carroll and Ba have done the pretty much the same in the Premiership, a good 6 months each, but Ba has been good throughout previous seasons (I'm not saying Ba is a better player by any stretch of the imagination, but to say Carroll is a far superior player is also a stupid comment). Marveaux is an additional attacking option, which we didn't have last season. We've also brought in a new youngster, who I'd imagine/hope will be looking to make an impact here or there, and other youngsters who have improved over the course of last season. So yeah, I think the squad is better this season.

You forgot to add that we also have Ben Arfa & Gosling available this season when they were conspicously absent last.

I think we are better in the midfield area.

My main worry is that if Ba gets hurt we are really in the clarts, and I'm worried because I think Enrique will go. His criteria havent been met. If I were him, I wouldnt be staying at this point since I dont believe there is any chance of CL placing in the next 5+ years.

Guest icemanblue

Just a quick reminder. Golfmag predicted a lot of this well before Pardew was even appointed. Yet many persisted in making excuses for those in charge. It's now got to the point where deeply concerned, dyed in the wool, fully paid up, Newcastle United fans are being ridiculed by these apologists, as well as clueless little far eastern fuckwits. Perhaps someone should sticky what Golfmag posted, so that we can all get reacquainted with what is actually happening?

Just a quick reminder. Golfmag predicted a lot of this well before Pardew was even appointed. Yet many persisted in making excuses for those in charge. It's now got to the point where deeply concerned, dyed in the wool, fully paid up, Newcastle United fans are being ridiculed by these apologists, as well as clueless little far eastern fuckwits. Perhaps someone should sticky what Golfmag posted, so that we can all get reacquainted with what is actually happening?

:clap:

:thup:

Yep.

I'm pretty sure I predicted we'd run a tight ship under Ashley and stop spending beyond our means when he first arrived, while on the plus side, any profit would go back into the club. Seems I was right! Do I get a lollipop?

No. :no:

Pretty sure this thread is more a jibe at the pointless, hysterical threads that are popping up with exactly the same premise and discussion. Pretty ironic way of going about it like, by making another pointless thread.

Who are the actual apologists on here? I thought pretty much everybody on here ranged from 'concerned' to 'full on distrust and hatred of the board', the latter cateogry usually the ones taking it upon themselves to start these inane threads. Who actually supports and/or makes excuses for the board's decision making, lack of communication, blatant lying and tight-fisted nature?  :lol: I can't see anybody of this nature, then again I may be mistaken as I usually skim over this discussion because it tends to just go in circles.

Sorry man, but i disagree. I much more prefer MA to a rich Sheik who wants to use this club as his personal playground.  The club is now in much healthier shape than the era of Fat Fred. We actually got some good players too. Promising youth is also knocking on the door, which they certainly didn't earlier. We've made gradual SUSTAINABLE improvement each season. How the fuck is this bad?

Just fucking chill till the transfer window shuts, then whine lots if your not happy with our dealings, gets boring reading the same old doom and gloom tbh.

Im not sure whats going to happen but ill hold my tongue until we are sure.

I'm not apologizing for the mistakes MA previously has done. But I'm pointing out that I like the direction the club is heading. We need probably one or two more signings, and we're capable of pushing for Europe. That Gameiro and Erdnic are not coming, is not Pards or MA's fault..Some of you have a serious attribution problem: Everything bad that happens must be MA's fault, even when it's obviously not.

Nothing wrong with expressing dissatisfaction or worry with the progression of our summer transfer (in/)activity.

The window is open for a while longer, but given some fairly telling quotes, recent trends and what we know of Ashley's regime - how can you begrudge fans scepticism over what is (or isn't) to come?

Committing to one side or the other, of the window being immutably good or irrevocably bad is the only stance worthy of mockery, I would think.

For my part, I am quite saturnine about how the rest of the summer will play out. Enrique will leave/be unhappy, Tiote may get his head turned (unlikely, at this point... I hope!) and I'm not expecting Ashley to spend big (rightly or wrongly) to bring in talents of N'Zogbia's calibre to the club. If we do bring in genuine quality, I expect it to be because we are lucky there is a good free transfer or cheap option going, not because the club/regime is showing any great ambition (ie. luck not design).

Very much hope to be proved wrong, though.

Sorry man, but i disagree. I much more prefer MA to a rich Sheik who wants to use this club as his personal playground.  The club is now in much healthier shape than the era of Fat Fred. We actually got some good players too. Promising youth is also knocking on the door, which they certainly didn't earlier. We've made gradual SUSTAINABLE improvement each season. How the fuck is this bad?

:lol:

Oh yeah, the improvement's been fucking astonishing.  I sometimes think about moaning and then recall the glory of the past 4 years and think better of it.

Guest icemanblue

A lot more succinctly put than I could manage. But, such is my mood after today's quotes, I can't be quite as reserved and logical. My anger is directed primarily at those who seek to ridicule others who respond passionately to hypocrisy and downright lies, not at those who seek to defend and justify it. They are fooling only themselves, but argue their points from a similarly passionate point of view.

What is happening now was predicted, from reliable sources, a long time ago.