We're Doomed

oldtype

Oldtype being in such a good position to capture the mood of geordies, all the way from f***ing Korea.

I've missed this card. It's finally back :celb:

Do you think you can have the same affinity for the club as somebody born in the area?

Well considering he pays more to watch one game than most in the area do for a season's worth I'd say he's more than justified his loyalty and affinity.

Oldtype being in such a good position to capture the mood of geordies, all the way from f***ing Korea.

I've missed this card. It's finally back :celb:

Do you think you can have the same affinity for the club as somebody born in the area?

Does it count if he washes the noodles down with a bottle of broon?

Can't really blame people for being upset to be fair.

Looks increasingly likely that we'll have a net spend of next to nothing this summer, on the back of selling an emerging local hero for one of the largest transfer fees the game has ever seen.

It's natural for people to get their hopes up that at least a sizeable portion of that money was going to be reinvested in the team, especially when the manager comes out and says that's what will be happening.

Looks increasingly likely that we'll have a net spend of next to nothing this summer, on the back of selling an emerging local hero for one of the largest transfer fees the game has ever seen.

It's natural for people to get their hopes up that at least a sizeable portion of that money was going to be reinvested in the team, especially when the manager comes out and says that's what will be happening.

Cant argue with that. They even try to make us look like idiots by saying the weeky wage * contract length comes out of the 35 million. What a load of twaddle, wages are revenue based and should not be included, since if you want to do that you have to take a look at all the incoming revenues over the same period.

They said it will be reinvested in the club, not the team specifically. Afaik, they spent a decent amount doing up the training facilities.

People made similar weak attempts at satire a few years ago "Oh no, we're dooooommmed we're gonna get relegated into the Championship, Mike Ashley doesn't know what he's doing, we're not gonna replace N'Zogbia and Milner with anyone oh nooooessss!"

They said it will be reinvested in the club, not the team specifically. Afaik, they spent a decent amount doing up the training facilities.

Pardew said team and the changed his mind (read, was told to change his mind) to club iirc.

Either way, to go through another transfer window with a minimal spend/investment will be nothing short of offensive, given we sold a potential future star.

A better squad, better facilities and some spare money with which to pay off debts is a positive, is it not?

Can't be arsed to get into the debate - given it's been done to death on here, but I'm interested in watching an entertaining, achieving team on a Saturday and throughout the season and not really arsed about debt (Ashley's own making) and whether we've got the biggest bore-hole in the North East (which should have been paid for out of the clubs many other revenue streams), we've got some of the biggest arse-holes in the North East but Derek Llambias, Pardew etc are a different story.

A better squad, better facilities and some spare money with which to pay off debts is a positive, is it not?

In : Ba, Marveaux, cabaye

Out: Carroll, Nolan, Campbell, (Enrique)

I'm not sure how the squad is "better".  One cant make a strong argument for that, I dont believe.

I personally think we're a striker and a right winger away from a very decent side. More than capable of challenging in the top half and also pushing for Europe. Although it does nark me how the money has 'went into the club' but there's nowt we can do I'm afraid. Pretty confident we'll exceed last seasons finish.

Can't be arsed to get into the debate - given it's been done to death on here, but I'm interested in watching an entertaining, achieving team on a Saturday and throughout the season and not really arsed about debt (Ashley's own making) and whether we've got the biggest bore-hole in the North East (which should have been paid for out of the clubs many other revenue streams), we've got some of the biggest arse-holes in the North East but Derek Llambias, Pardew etc are a different story.

I'm sorry, what the fuck? :lol:

NJM: Enrique hasn't gone, so he's still in this years squad. We've replaced Nolan with a better CM. Carroll and Ba have done the pretty much the same in the Premiership, a good 6 months each, but Ba has been good throughout previous seasons (I'm not saying Ba is a better player by any stretch of the imagination, but to say Carroll is a far superior player is also a stupid comment). Marveaux is an additional attacking option, which we didn't have last season. We've also brought in a new youngster, who I'd imagine/hope will be looking to make an impact here or there, and other youngsters who have improved over the course of last season. So yeah, I think the squad is better this season.

I'd honestly not be surprised if we see a team play better football and maybe be even more entertaining than last seasons, which would in my eyes make them the most entertaining team since Asley took over.

Actually, scratch that..... it would make them the most entertaining team since Bobby got the bullet.

NJM: Enrique hasn't gone, so he's still in this years squad. We've replaced Nolan with a better CM. Carroll and Ba have done the pretty much the same in the Premiership, a good 6 months each, but Ba has been good throughout previous seasons (I'm not saying Ba is a better player by any stretch of the imagination, but to say Carroll is a far superior player is also a stupid comment). Marveaux is an additional attacking option, which we didn't have last season. We've also brought in a new youngster, who I'd imagine/hope will be looking to make an impact here or there, and other youngsters who have improved over the course of last season. So yeah, I think the squad is better this season.

You forgot to add that we also have Ben Arfa & Gosling available this season when they were conspicously absent last.

I notice time and again people mentioning other revenues the club recieve ? I might be wrong but i`m sure we have been running at a 20mill loss every year and would have been worse if Fred stayed ?