NUFC 0 - 0 Fiorentina - 6/8/11 - game abandoned on 64mins due to heavy rain

Skirge

They shouldnt have gone after the plates of s**** the club have served up this summer. As fans who have shelled out on season tickets we have been fed lie after lie. No investment, profit on summer deals, Carroll money untouched- it's an absolute disgrace man! After all that, for people to then blithely roll up and cough another £20 into the clubs coffers? Ludicrous, the ground should have been empty. I'll sympathise with families who went to take the kids but in general, people should have known better.

12,000 people turning up today is evidence, if ever it were needed, that NUFC as a fanbase will never be able to stand up collectively, say 'no more' and boycott games to get rid of this lot.

Too many people simply don't have the willpower to avoid going to the game, and I include myself in that.

and thank god for that. You might think it's worth us plummeting down the table on the off chance Ashley would sell up but I think I''ll take things as they are if that's your alternative.

How did you get any of that from what he said?

Organised boycotts would make Newcastle football club a pretty unhappy place IMO, not just for fans but players and staff as well. If Ashley's investing too little now, he wouldn't put anything at all in if customers stopped turning up. I just think things could go downhill very quickly.

12,000 people turning up today is evidence, if ever it were needed, that NUFC as a fanbase will never be able to stand up collectively, say 'no more' and boycott games to get rid of this lot.

Too many people simply don't have the willpower to avoid going to the game, and I include myself in that.

12,000 isn't a very good attendance, I would think quite a few have stayed away because of our shambolic summer.

Less to do with the shambolic summer and more to do with the ridiculous £20 ticket prices. If that had been halved you would have got 3 times as many in.

If a consortium that actually had enough money to buy the club was ready then fine, "boycout" to force his hand, but otherwise what is the point, the club has been for sale in two spells for 8 months before and couldn't sell.

Less to do with the shambolic summer and more to do with the ridiculous £20 ticket prices. If that had been halved you would have got 3 times as many in.

£20 had nothing to do with me and my family members not going, the shambolic summer did.

First time I can recall a game called off mid-game at SJP.

Been a long time. I remember a couple from the early 90's. First was v Oxford that was called off at HT due to rain and an FA Cup tie v Bournemouth due to fog (I went to both)

I can go further back to the late 70's and if my memory is right we were playing Wrexham on a wednesday night infront of about 3,000 fans in torrential rain and abandoned at half time with Terry Hibbit getting hypophermia

They shouldnt have gone after the plates of s**** the club have served up this summer. As fans who have shelled out on season tickets we have been fed lie after lie. No investment, profit on summer deals, Carroll money untouched- it's an absolute disgrace man! After all that, for people to then blithely roll up and cough another £20 into the clubs coffers? Ludicrous, the ground should have been empty. I'll sympathise with families who went to take the kids but in general, people should have known better.

and thank god for that. You might think it's worth us plummeting down the table on the off chance Ashley would sell up but I think I''ll take things as they are if that's your alternative.

Organised boycotts would make Newcastle football club a pretty unhappy place IMO, not just for fans but players and staff as well. If Ashley's investing too little now, he wouldn't put anything at all in if customers stopped turning up. I just think things could go downhill very quickly.

The club appears to be a black hole of misery at present, both on and off the pitch. If we don't sign some good first team players and also lose our first 2 games it'll be even worse than now and that'll be nothing to do with the fans not going to matches.

I can go further back to the late 70's and if my memory is right we were playing Wrexham on a wednesday night infront of about 3,000 fans in torrential rain and abandoned at half time with Terry Hibbit getting hypophermia

I was in the Gallowgate for that match and the replay was also shit weather with a low crowd if I remember right.

The club appears to be a black hole of misery at present, both on and off the pitch. If we don't sign some good first team players and also lose our first 2 games it'll be even worse than now and that'll be nothing to do with the fans not going to matches.

So you think there should be organised boycotts?

£20 had nothing to do with me and my family members not going, the shambolic summer did.

You and your family members must be slightly more well off than most of our fanbase then imo because most of the people I spoke to said the price was by far the main reason they didn't attend.

I've read it all now.

Couldnt agree more the writing is on the wall and it will take some hard work from the cunts in the next few weeks to get moral up again and that means atleast 3 quality signings i.e Forward ,right winger (if Barton has any future in whatever position ) and centre half if Colo is injured ,not even gonna get started on left back yet as thats up in the air atm.

Never said there should be. You think we'd plummet down the table if there was and that's nonsense. The fans cannot be blamed for the situation we're in.

Anyone know how we played for an hour?

Awful mate. Only highlight was Krul making a couple of excellent saves and maybe Jose chasing down one of theirs when he was through on goal one on one.

The rest was awful and I'll do some the favour of saying conditions weren't at any stage condusive to either side playing decent football.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a rule somewhere thats states so many minutes must be played before the need to refund in negated.

It was right to call it off - the ball on the Milburn side especially was just stopping dead.

Anyone know how we played for an hour?

Awful mate. Only highlight was Krul making a couple of excellent saves and maybe Jose chasing down one of theirs when he was through on goal one on one.

The rest was awful and I'll do some the favour of saying conditions weren't at any stage condusive to either side playing decent football.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a rule somewhere thats states so many minutes must be played before the need to refund in negated.

It was right to call it off - the ball on the Milburn side especially was just stopping dead.

But don't you get a free ticket to the league cup game?

I've read it all now.

"Everything is peachy. Nothing to see here!"

Ian W, 2011.

I was in the Gallowgate for that match and the replay was also s*** weather with a low crowd if I remember right.

Remember it well. Sat in the East Stand ( got ticket off some random bloke who said I could use his ticket as he guessed it would be abandoned) and there was a single line of fans in the Gallowgate stood against the back wall.

Never said there should be. You think we'd plummet down the table if there was and that's nonsense. The fans cannot be blamed for the situation we're in.

You might think it's nonsense but I think a sour atmosphere would filter down and and have an effect at all levels. It would make the club an unappealing prospect for new players for just one example. I could give you plenty more but it's just my opinion so if you don't agree that's fine.

Oh well I enjoyed thatt :lol:

Krul :smitten: three outstanding saves in the 1st half.

Cabaye :smitten: true workhorse, fantastic passer even on a fkn lake, loved how gutted he was when it got called off.. the lad just wanted to play

:D

Guest Antec

Shit game, no new injuries, that'll do me

I'd have happily taken defeats in all pre-season games as long as the squad remained injury free, fucking Ben Arfa  :tickedoff: