"He's young and cheap, fine by me!"

"Meh"

"He's quick and pacy and a decent prospect"

"I've seen him and he lacks quality"

"Who'd you expect us to sign? Messi? LOL!"

"I don't want a blah blah reject"

"As long as he's not the only signing, it'll be fine"

:laugh:

Requested a transfer in February because he wanted more games. Good sign imo.

Not really... Iirc his agent put the request in a few minutes after the transfer window closing much to the amusement of the media... Hope he turns out to be a bit brighter than his agent...

Prepared to give the lad a chance. He must have had something about him to attract Man Utd in the first place so hopefully it's just a lack of football which has made him play poorly when given the chance to play.

People are so quick to say how shit somebody is on here though, At least it's a body in, which is after all what a lot of people are complaining about. Jose and Barton haven't left yet so it's an addition to the squad. Agreed we still need a first choice front man and cover all across the back four, that will either happen or it won't and no amount of whinging on here is going to change it.

Take a chill pill and welcome "The Archangel" Gabriel with open arms.

He reminds me alot of Taraabt when he was at Spurs, he then excelled after regular football.

I'd contest that, maybe KingDawson can confirm, but in the brief appearances he made he looked just as good as he did at QPR.

:lol:

Ha! Yeah right!

And so they decided to sell him to a Championship club for less than a million pounds.

Sure dude. Makes perfect sense!

That's massively misleading because they put a huge clause in there for the sell on. Nigh half I think.

He seemed the same as at QPR on occasion ball greedy, but good close control. Like I say I can only remember 2 games for Spurs (West Ham & Chelsea away).

Come on! Based on what he has done at QPR, a championship club I might add, you have PSG reportedly looking to pay £13 million fo rhim.

There is no way that if he was playing that way for Tottenham, a prem club, he would have been sold. Never mind for less than £1 million.

I don't care what clauses they put in. they valued him at less than £1 million! They could have sold him for more money and still had the same clause in.

It was a ridiculously low fee, and clearly a mistake on their part. Besides if he was looking tha good for Tottenham, I'm sure there would have been better suitors than QPR in for him.

These threads always follow the same patterns :lol:

"He's shit"

"He's young and cheap, fine by me!"

"Meh"

"He's quick and pacy and a decent prospect"

"I've seen him and he lacks quality"

"Who'd you expect us to sign? Messi? LOL!"

"I don't want a blah blah reject"

"As long as he's not the only signing, it'll be fine"

:laugh:

You missed out the section where someone tries to be funny buy pomtng out an obvious thread structure.

:D

Whats with all the negativity? He must have shown something for man united to have signed him and not being able to break into their first team does not make him ' bobbins'. He sounds like an upgrade on routledge and his arrival makes it less likely we will see lovenkrands or taylor on the right. Who exactly do some of you expect us to sign? Lennon, walcott, young?

Like Smith?

Like Rossi?

For everyone like Rossi there's a Djemba Djemba, Kleberson and a David Bellion.

Bellion's career is how I see Obertans turning out.

Guest Heneage

He reminds me alot of Taraabt when he was at Spurs, he then excelled after regular football.

I'd contest that, maybe KingDawson can confirm, but in the brief appearances he made he looked just as good as he did at QPR.

:lol:

Ha! Yeah right!

And so they decided to sell him to a Championship club for less than a million pounds.

Sure dude. Makes perfect sense!

That's massively misleading because they put a huge clause in there for the sell on. Nigh half I think.

He seemed the same as at QPR on occasion ball greedy, but good close control. Like I say I can only remember 2 games for Spurs (West Ham & Chelsea away).

Come on! Based on what he has done at QPR, a championship club I might add, you have PSG reportedly looking to pay £13 million fo rhim.

There is no way that if he was playing that way for Tottenham, a prem club, he would have been sold. Never mind for less than £1 million.

I don't care what clauses they put in. they valued him at less than £1 million! They could have sold him for more money and still had the same clause in.

It was a ridiculously low fee, and clearly a mistake on their part. Besides if he was looking tha good for Tottenham, I'm sure there would have been better suitors than QPR in for him.

I remember his issues being attitude & consistency. Neither they felt like dealing with. I guess we'll just agree to disagree mate. :thup:

Whats with all the negativity? He must have shown something for man united to have signed him and not being able to break into their first team does not make him ' bobbins'. He sounds like an upgrade on routledge and his arrival makes it less likely we will see lovenkrands or taylor on the right. Who exactly do some of you expect us to sign? Lennon, walcott, young?

Like Smith?

Like Rossi?

For everyone like Rossi there's a Djemba Djemba, Kleberson and a David Bellion.

Bellion's career is how I see Obertans turning out.

For every Djemba Djemba, Kleberson and David Bellion, there is a Rossi.

Bellion's career is not how I see Obertans turning out.

This game is fun!

Who knows with this lad. From what i've seen i'm not convinced, but with the nucleus of frenchies we have it maybe just a settling issue with him.

You never know he may turn out to be shrewd move at that price, but we still need 3 more.

Alan Brazil must personally know Llambiarse he has repeatedly said he knows someone here and that we would sign a LB a CM (possibly a winger) and a forward. We would be spending around 15M.

This morning he was asked about Obertan and he laughed it off saying he was a show pony, he then denied being on our payroll and then said he'd get Decca on the show next week.

So; Brazil knows Decca, Decca says were buying in what positions and Brazil says Oberton is shite and will get Decca on the show next week. Can't wait.

Prepared to give the lad a chance. He must have had something about him to attract Man Utd in the first place so hopefully it's just a lack of football which has made him play poorly when given the chance to play.

People are so quick to say how shit somebody is on here though, At least it's a body in, which is after all what a lot of people are complaining about. Jose and Barton haven't left yet so it's an addition to the squad. Agreed we still need a first choice front man and cover all across the back four, that will either happen or it won't and no amount of whinging on here is going to change it.

Like Bebe? Man United under Fergie has signed loads of shite especially in the Obertan/Bellion/Kleberson mold, it just gets swept under the carpet because he's handy at winning things with the players who don't turn out to be offensive to the eyes of anyone with an appreciation of the finer points of the game.

As for the "at least it's a body in" craic, that's just depressing. It's exactly how the club want the fans to look at every transfer - yay, we've signed someone. It doesn't matter if he's utter fucking tosh it's better than nowt. Bugger me  :facepalm:

Mark my words in forum folklore - Obertan is going to be a great signing - Put it in your footer - put it up in lights - I know this !

And if not, you'll drink your piss?