Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

1625: "Tome Cleverley has learnt an awful lot from going out on loan," says Steve Claridge on BBC Radio 5 live. "This boy looks like a different kettle of fish to your Obertans..."

As I was saying in the other thred, even if this statement was true it just shows what a bit of first team football can  do.

:nods:

LOL I was thinking that when his picture was posted. Obviously trying to get his son a loan move rather than permanently leaving Man Utd.

Guest Recoba

I really think he could be a good fit in our increasingly French squad.

He has a good pedigree e.g. Clairfontaine and the France youth setup. Looks physically impressive for s winger, tall, quick etc.  Appears to have mad skillz.

Don't see not making the grade at Man U ad relevant.  Think Shawcross, Bardsley, Simpson not to mention Rossi, Pique. Man U have standards out of our reckoning.

Really think he could become a cult hero at least.

I recall us being linked with him this time last year, and the general concencus then was that he'd be an extra body, was young, supposed to have potential, and therefore worth a punt.

Don't really see what has changed.

Obertan  :icon_puke_r:

You realise how shit he is on FM ?!? Jiiizes... I'd had a living hell off-loading Smith and Perch. Can you imagine FM 2012  :rant:

:fishing:

I recall us being linked with him this time last year, and the general concencus then was that he'd be an extra body, was young, supposed to have potential, and therefore worth a punt.

Don't really see what has changed.

If you are happy to form a 'general consensus' from three people, yes.