Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Despite being very average, he puts the effort in and therefore I cannot complain about him. People have made him a scapegoat early on and with some of the mistakes he makes people get on his back far more than they should - that's if they even should at all. Some proper clueless wankers at the ground who've never played football seem to fail to understand how hard certain things are.

On the other hand, he is frustratingly slow to get going, which for me is his major downfall.

Basically he needs to learn some dribbles and not just kick the ball and then run, then maybe it would be a useful player on the pitch. Oh, and add some passing skills to that. I've yet to see one successful pass from him.

Basically he needs to learn some dribbles and not just kick the ball and then run, then maybe it would be a useful player on the pitch. Oh, and add some passing skills to that. I've yet to see one successful pass from him.

He gives it away time after time

Despite being very average, he puts the effort in and therefore I cannot complain about him. People have made him a scapegoat early on and with some of the mistakes he makes people get on his back far more than they should - that's if they even should at all. Some proper clueless wankers at the ground who've never played football seem to fail to understand how hard certain things are.

On the other hand, he is frustratingly slow to get going, which for me is his major downfall.

puts effort in? ? ? ? ? ? 95% of his challenges are halfhearted. Never really tries to win posession back. Dont give this shitehead more excuses, shall be put on the bench till he tries harder and plays better.

Guest Heneage

I didn't see the first half, but based purely on the second half I'd have had him running at Robinson every chance we got, he looked petrified of Obertan.

Didn't really do much in the first half (not that anyone else was better) but improved gradually in the second half. His assist for Ba's goal is exactly what we're looking for from him. He has to be encouraged to do more of that.

Thought he was naff in the first half, much better in the 2nd.

Also hilarious celebrations to the goals, looks so unnatural trying to pump the crowd up ;D

It's taken a tiring Paul Robinson to get him to do something (you won't find a worse left-back in the league). I'm pleased he got the assist and he did well today in the last twenty minutes, but i'm not gonna start leaping to his defense all of a sudden. Still looks a bloody piss poor footballer to me.

He did okay.

But tbf the assist wasn't exactly amazing. The amount of space he had to run into from Tiote's pass was the factor in him actually making a cross today.

Better than he usually plays, and he was more of a threat from Jonas.

not that i think he's the answer, infact with everyone fit i wouldn't have him in my starting XI but he'll look a much better player if we had a central midfielder capable of trying to hit the edge of the box or making attacking runs off the ball.

better away from home when there's space in behind. two good things he's done this season came in that circumstance - wilson got caught in two minds trying to stick close to the breaking midfielder giving obertan acres of space at stoke, and today the defender goes to tackle tiote who had the presence of mind to dink it into space for him. when the space is tight and he needs to think about options his game crumbles.

He did okay.

But tbf the assist wasn't exactly amazing. The amount of space he had to run into from Tiote's pass was the factor in him actually making a cross today.

Maybe not amazing, but this is exactly what he should be doing with his pace. Get into the space behind the full back and put a (preferably) low cross into the danger area. I think it's pointless trying to put high crosses in targeting our strikers, seeing as our wingers aren't very good at crossing and our strikers are better on the deck than they are in the air. Our wingers are fast and our striker(s) are clinical in front of goal, so whilst not amazing the assist was exactly what I'd like to see Obertan (and Jonas for that matter) do much more often in a match.

He did okay.

Maybe not amazing, but this is exactly what he should be doing with his pace. Get into the space behind the full back and put a (preferably) low cross into the danger area. I think it's pointless trying to put high crosses in targeting our strikers, seeing as our wingers aren't very good at crossing and our strikers are better on the deck than they are in the air. Our wingers are fast and our striker(s) are clinical in front of goal, so whilst not amazing the assist was exactly what I'd like to see Obertan (and Jonas for that matter) do much more often in a match.

Yep :nods:

One assist and we winning for a change are clouding judgment. He was total garbage for 90% and okay 10%. If we wouldn't have won he would get slaughtered. He's just missing any kind of footballing brain. He stands still, does his funky moves and stands still again. Robinson was scared but he didn't even try to get past him