Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Its a shame for him but it could be a blessing in disguise, Pardew has a chance of going with a new system or trying HBA out on the wing, even maybe swapping Jonas over to the right and HBA left.

The disaster will be if he just swaps Obertan with Sammy, not put Sammy down at all he is a great prospect and does need minutes on the pitch but not i the starting 11.

Not going to get excited as I think pardew fundamentally fails in personnel.I would love to see ferguson but this has got Sammy written all over it and there's no chance of Ben arfa as he's 'not there yet' in spite of making big impacts in several games

Its a shame for him but it could be a blessing in disguise, Pardew has a chance of going with a new system or trying HBA out on the wing, even maybe swapping Jonas over to the right and HBA left.

The disaster will be if he just swaps Obertan with Sammy, not put Sammy down at all he is a great prospect and does need minutes on the pitch but not i the starting 11.

I think the injury is actually a good thing for Obertan as it will take him out of the firing line.  Another poor game at home and he would get slaughtered, a break might do him good.

I think the injury is actually a good thing for Obertan as it will take him out of the firing line.  Another poor game at home and he would get slaughtered, a break might do him good.

Agree, he needs the break and maybe a few runs outs fro off the bench once he is fit again to help build some confidence.

He could be a great super sub against tired legs.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Lovenkrands has a shoulder problem too :megusta:

Would love to see Fergie and Jonas on the flanks- hopefully no Sammy who is nowhere near ready.

Yeah he could actually be quite a useful impact sub, it's probably how I'd prefer to see him utilised at present.

Throw him on if teams are chasing the game, his pace utop alongside a striker will make teams sit deep. If he learnt how to use his pace properly he could be very handy on the counter attack.

Obertan's out for a month you say? Oh, what a shame!

But really, this is a big blessing in disguise:

- Firstly, Pardew will now have to change things around (something which he should have done a few games ago really) which could turn out to be for the greater good in the end. For example, if Jonas is moved to the right, then it'll give Simpson that much needed protection imo. Would also be interesting to see Fergie on the left (though I suspect Sammy will simply step in for Obertan which would be a pretty bad decision because Sammy is simply not ready to start games yet). Though a certain Ben Arfa could do the job on the left wing too like (you know, thought I'd mention it).

- Secondly, like some people have said, it'll give Obertan a break from the first team picture which could be a good thing in that it may allow him to reassess his playing style/approach. His confidence must be shot atm especially considering the reception he gets from the fans for his performances so a mini break would do him a lot of good mentally.

- And finally, if Obertan's "replacement" does well/better on the pitch then we could see Pardew reassessing his options/views too. As a result, we could see Obertan on the bench and come on as an impact sub if need be - this is pretty much where the lad should be atm because as it stands, it looks like Obertan still isn't ready for first team football.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'll take the law into my own hands if Ben Arfa doesn't play again. :lol:

Jonas Cabaye Tiote Fergie

Shola    Ba