Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Great finish , surprised he saluted the fans after most of the fickle c***s booed him.

He didn't honestly get booed when he was coming on did he?

Not sure, but i know some of them did in previous games.

Bit of a daft post then really.

Great finish , surprised he saluted the fans after most of the fickle c***s booed him.

He didn't honestly get booed when he was coming on did he?

Not sure, but i know some of them did in previous games.

Bit of a daft post then really.

Yeh, they're only fickle if they boo you in the games you do shit in.

Lovely finish. The perfect impact sub, chuffed to bits for him.

It really is all he should be used for. His pace, which is by far his greatest quality, can be lethal in the final 10 minutes of a match as shown against Blackburn.

Can´t believe that he gets so much sticks when we have players like Shola, Gosling, Simpson, Best, Perch, Lovenkrands etc who is way worse or at bar with Obertan.

I agree that he has been dogshit a lot of times. But he can definitely play a part in this team. He has good attributes. The problem before was that Pardew was so stubborn with him rather then sub him when he was bad or let him play when he was good.

Really good impact yesterday. Should have come in 10 minutes earlier though.

I like having him in the team TBH, always have. He makes a few errors but he carries real threat to the opposition. He was never really given the opportunity to settle in for long enough IMO. I would still rather have HBA up front with one other and Obertan wide than a front two of Best and Shola.

:lol:

Scores a goal and all of a sudden we have been harsh on him.

He has been shit and no one can say otherwise really but I don't think that is because he is a shit footballer I think its purely a lack of confidence.

Pardew over used him early season and poor performances created fans anger that added 6to pressure, now he has scored and said himself its a weight of his shoulders we may now see the best of him.

I always thought he had been treated harshly TBH, I would never have dropped him at the time. I am too soft like.

He had to be eropped, you could see he was falling apart, fans reactions when he was being subbed must have really taken its toll on him mentally.

I always thought he had been treated harshly TBH, I would never have dropped him at the time. I am too soft like.

what's it got to do with being soft? There's only 11 places in the side so being "soft" on one player means you are being hard or unfair on another. Obertan had plenty of chances and didn't make the most of them, his confidence was shot - it was for the good of himself, the team and Ben Arfa that he was withdrawn.

Saying that I would've had him starting over Shola in recent matches, and have been surprised he hasn't seen too much game time as he's an ideal player to bring on late in matches.

He had to be eropped, you could see he was falling apart, fans reactions when he was being subbed must have really taken its toll on him mentally.

Fair point, not being at the home games live much I probably underestimated this. Hopefully he'll get a chance to regroup and come back stronger, still think he has most of the attributes to do well.

Can´t believe that he gets so much sticks when we have players like Shola, Gosling, Simpson, Best, Perch, Lovenkrands etc who is way worse or at bar with Obertan.

None of those have been way worse than Obertan, christ even Shola scored a goal.