Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Fergie should have come on instead of him. Peculiar decision by Pardew, surely he can see the lad isn't the most confident of players? Not the right game to throw him in to, what with the crowd on edge and players looking shaky.

He doesn't do himself any favours mind. There's moments in the game where he could at least appear to be pressing the ball to get the crowd onside, instead he's standing there with his hands on his hips looking puzzled.

I didn't think he was that bad when he came on, got round the back a couple of times.

He was terrible and kept giving the ball away, he did some things well which were outnumbered by what he did shit.

I really saw a different game to the rest of you i thought he did well when he came on unlucky not to set up a goal or 2.

How could a player do well when giving the ball away as often as Obertan did?

His idea of crossing seems to be to fire the ball 100mph across the box.

The lad has a massive, empty head. Annoys me that someone so thick gets paid large amount of money and almost certainly rogers delightful females.

Yeah, what the fuck was the point in that?, at least give someone the chance to get on the end of it.

Everything about him was awful today, right from his first touch.

Marveux has had 1 poor game for us and hasn't been seen again, this guy does it game in and game out and still gets in the squad. He's been here nearly a year and a half now, it's not working for him, time for him to go. Routledge was better.

3 moments of the match summed him up for me...

1) Jonas played him a through ball on the left wing and there was a good chance he could have full sprinted and crossed if he slid for it - instead, he stopped running.

2) THAT 100mph cross that hit Cisse when all he had to do was drive it to him for a simple header

3) Cisse chased down Ridgewell in the box and Obertan just sat and watched Cisse when he could have helped close him down

He looked like a fucking coward out there today. "Crowd gets on him so it hurts his performance" crap that we hear is some of the worst excuses I've ever heard for a player clearly unable to handle this league. The amount of times he was not on the same page as the rest of the squad is mind boggling given that he's not a new signing and has played this same role for quite some time.