Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

I don't think he was so terrible. He brought him on as a positionally weird wing back at the beginning but I thought he had a few decent touches and a good run into City's half. Wingers seem to be the new left backs this season, I think we had about 4 on the pitch at one stage.

The personification of why Pardew should not be a Premiership manager. What can he possibly see in this waste of space???

I think Dummett is a larger pile of shit than Obertan.

In all fairness, as useless as I think he is, he wasn't stand-out-shite.

He stuck in a decent cross and worked one or two close passes in his time on the pitch. If it wasn't for the fact that we all know he has no bottle when it counts, you could say he deserved to have been given a chance after his pre-season.

It was the wrong change to make.  As soon as he came on for Vurn we lost our shape and started giving away possession.  Would much prefer for Abeid to have come on (possiby with Sissoko dropping back next to Colback and Abeid pushing further up) and Obertan to have replaced Gouffran if he absolutely had to come on.

Was Abeid the only CM on the bench yesterday? I guess Pardew didn't trust him in such a big game.

Player who played in and won a cup final last season or the mutant offspring of an octopus and a bicycle pump?