Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Try him as a striker, like his first couple of games, and see how he goes. Doesn't look to run at players enough to be a winger.

Ben Arfa on the other hand loves to run at players, and can do this more on the wing where he has so much more space.

Guest neesy111

I was right next to the dugout and he looked massively pissed off with the cheers. Hate our fans sometimes.

Well he knows how to answer them?  Sadly he looks totally incapable of doing it.

I was right next to the dugout and he looked massively p*ssed off with the cheers. Hate our fans sometimes.

Then he should actually try to play football instead of what ever the f*** he is doing out on the pitch, that he even gets money for doing it pisses me off.

EDIT: This is what most people sound like when he DOES NOT EVEN TRY TO CROSS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F1aJkUGJEw8#t=16s

I was right next to the dugout and he looked massively p*ssed off with the cheers. Hate our fans sometimes.

Then he should actually try to play football instead of what ever the f*** he is doing out on the pitch, that he even gets money for doing it pisses me off.

Pardews responsibility to take him out of the team.

That moment where he had the ball perfectly placed to cross and chose instead to check back and let the full back rob him easily, honestly he is absolutely hopeless.

He seems to do that constantly. As if he has a quota of touches he needs to meet before he can release the ball.

Absolutely. If the penny doesn't drop for Pardew today then I'm going to have to conclude he's permanently tripping on acid.

Absolutely. If the penny doesn't drop for Pardew today then I'm going to have to conclude he's permanently tripping on acid.

The thought of Obertan's head whilst on acid.

:serious:

So frustrating and shite today. CROSS THE BALL MAN! Should be dropped to the bench and come on as an impact player really. I imagine his confidence is absolutely shot now too and starting more games would do more bad than good really especially when pretty much everyone is on his back.

Mind you though, the cheering when his number was held up on the board was embarrassing.

Well with the news that Marveaux may be back next month and with the option of Raylor on the right not to mention Ben Arfa, Obertan better seriously think about doing "something" soon because he's being pushed to the back of the queue. I think 15-20 min cameo roles using his pace is his best bet at this stage.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, how dare our fans cheer a positive change? The bastards.

It was a positive change, aye but cheering like that will destroy his confidence/fragile mind.

He's looked like he doesn't have any since he arrived.

Yeah, how dare our fans cheer a positive change? The bastards.

It was a positive change, aye but cheering like that will destroy his confidence/fragile mind.

He may have had some at some point but he doesn't have any ability to go with it, so we'd never know.

Guest neesy111

Fact is, most other managers would have dropped Obertan before the booing/jeers towards him as they would have seen that Ben Arfa can play on the RW.

He may have had some at some point but he doesn't have any ability to go with it, so we'd never know.

Didn't he say that his confidence was low from his time at OT and never having a chance to be in the matchday 18 each week? Would suggest that this was discussed as part of the transfer and Pards promised to give him a run in the team...he just needs to earn his corn by managing Obertan properly now - if he keeps sending him out to do nothing and get slated, the fans are going to continue booing him (:huff:) and his confidence will drop even more.

Fact is, most other managers would have dropped Obertan before the booing/jeers towards him as they would have seen that Ben Arfa can play on the RW.

He dropped Obertan for the Man Utd match. It's not as though he's immune to dropping him, it just seems as though he's trying to give him all the chances he needs to find that spark.

Clearly, a lot of our supporters have given up on him already.

Wouldn't be the first time we've written players off before their time [JDT, Colo, Enrique, etc.]