Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Wow, I'm a bigger supporter of Obertan being demoted to the bench but chirst some of the posts on the last few pages have been extreme. I guess this is an internet forum though.

I feel we need to try it the other way around and bring Obertan on as the impact player and see how that works out instead.

Anyone seen the Bolton press conference?  It's terrible TBH, no real team news, not much talk about our players, some BS about the transfer window being tough and then questions on Kean and the recent 'alleged' racism from Suarez and Terry.

However, one reporter asked about Obertan and him being jeered when he came off.  AP had a bit of a tantrum and said it didn't help him highlighting it, Gabby has been trying to get back into it after an injury (kept him out for one game BTW) and he's been briliant for us so far  ???

I know he's not going to kill one of his own players off, as he's obviously fragile as it is, but there is no need to lie is there.  Going a bit off topic he was saying there is no need to panic and start swapping players and making changes to the style, formation  :dave:

Needs a spell on the bench for his own good as much as anything else. Offers little other than pace but is reluctant to use it to hurt the full back. Lost count of the amount of times he's had the ball in a good position only to check back or inside and the opportunity is gone.

Can't think for a minute that Pardew doesn't want him to attack his opponent so he's either unable or unwilling to carry out his manager's instructions. Would be better coming off the bench as a fresh pair of legs in the last 15/20 minutes to stretch teams.

Needs some kind of kick up the hoop to jolt him into changing his game.

Anyone seen the Bolton press conference?  It's terrible TBH, no real team news, not much talk about our players, some BS about the transfer window being tough and then questions on Kean and the recent 'alleged' racism from Suarez and Terry.

However, one reporter asked about Obertan and him being jeered when he came off.  AP had a bit of a tantrum and said it didn't help him highlighting it, Gabby has been trying to get back into it after an injury (kept him out for one game BTW) and he's been briliant for us so far  ???

I know he's not going to kill one of his own players off, as he's obviously fragile as it is, but there is no need to lie is there.  Going a bit off topic he was saying there is no need to panic and start swapping players and making changes to the style, formation  :dave:

Depressing if true. 'Brilliant' ffs.

Needs a spell on the bench for his own good as much as anything else. Offers little other than pace but is reluctant to use it to hurt the full back. Lost count of the amount of times he's had the ball in a good position only to check back or inside and the opportunity is gone.

Can't think for a minute that Pardew doesn't want him to attack his opponent so he's either unable or unwilling to carry out his manager's instructions. Would be better coming off the bench as a fresh pair of legs in the last 15/20 minutes to stretch teams.

Needs some kind of kick up the hoop to jolt him into changing his game.

:thup:

It's not a fucking football school for kids, if he's not good enough Obertan shouldn't play, he's a grown up FFS, if he can't handle this stuff he should find something else to do. And Pardew, man up god damnit, do what's best for the team.

Can't be so stupid that he can't see Obertan is wank? Or?

It seems like Obertan was his own signing so dropping him would probably be seen as an admission that he bought a s*** player

Better making one misstake than making the same one over and over again by playing him!!

He's probably our most intelligent player off the pitch TBH, he just struggles to use his brain at the right times in games. He doesn't seem a confident person to me, maybe that's his problem.

Clearly nothing to do with the fact he stuggles to correctly make contact with the ball. I wish we'd stop making elaborate excuses for players who simply aren't very good and don't have the talent to surpass that.

I wish we'd stop writing players off after hardly giving them a chance.

When is it OK to write them off?

Interesting little snap from Pards in his presser when asked about the cheers/jeers when Obertan was taken off

What did he say?

Had a pop about not being impressed at the question and how he won't be talking to Gabi about as he's a professional footballer.

Interesting little snap from Pards in his presser when asked about the cheers/jeers when Obertan was taken off

What did he say?

Had a pop about not being impressed at the question and how he won't be talking to Gabi about as he's a professional footballer.

Cheers Skirgey

It's bullshit anyway, there was no booing, there was a bit of a cheer when his number went up but that's more a dig at the manager for taking so long to haul off a player having a shocker and for putting him on the field week after week.

"He was the man of the first half, by some distance", aye righto.

It's bullshit anyway, there was no booing, there was a bit of a cheer when his number went up but that's more a dig at the manager for taking so long to haul off a player having a shocker and for putting him on the field week after week.

I didn't hear any booing either, just applause when he went off and Ben Arfa came on.  The only time I heard any booing was for the officials.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Dunno if this has been posted before but it's right booing him like some fans in the past few home matches is unacceptable and will just make things worst

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2011/12/23/its-getting-ober-the-top/

The sentiment is right, shame it's a steaming pile of turd.

He will win the fans over eventually trust me. Not all players can be great from day one like Cabaye and Tiote. Take Coloccini for example he was average, at best, in his first season for us but now he's a good defender.

Whilst I don't condone booing or do it myself, I won't act like some sort of supporter police telling people what they can and can't do.

Emotions spill over, some people can't help themselves and that's what makes football such a passionate sport.

Hell, if we hadn't chanted Ben Arfa's name on Wednesday, we'd probably still be sat here waiting for him to come on.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I didn't hear any booing either, just applause when he went off and Ben Arfa came on.  The only time I heard any booing was for the officials.

I was at the match and a guy behind me was booing.