Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

It's an underwhelming signing and frankly I'd rather persue another option. However, I'm willing to give the lad a chance. Who knows, with a run of games and a bit of confidence he might do alright. However from what I've personally seen of him he doesn't seem much of an improvement on Routledge, hope I'm wrong.

I'd agree with this.

My God, we're signing this c*** are we?  Ferguson appears to have regretted signing him from day 1.  This is progress.  This is what you can do when you accept £35m for one of your best players and have this kind of money to play with.  I'm sorry but I don't want this guy, I've seen him play a few times and he doesn't appear to possess a brain.  I'd actually rather sign no-one and give players like Ferguson and Vuckic more time on the pitch.  Waste of time, just desperate.

:lol:

I'm sorry, but that is some pretty astonishing s***!

Does that concept not engage with your brain like?  That I'd rather not sign a waste of space than give our youngsters a chance instead?

:lol:

Sorry, but you're clueless.

:lol: I'm clueless?  Howay then, tell me how I'm clueless.

Some comments from one of his youtube videos:

This guys shite!!

mrnachonovo1 2 weeks ago

He tried doing this kind of stuff in England and he just failed....He has to improve or he's going to have to leave

felixblogger 1 month ago

Just wait... he will rise someday. Just like Nani.

syzeone71 3 months ago

@aBBeMan still waiting ..

mikeaprice09 4 months ago 3

*mute*

SharpWalkers 4 months ago

Only time will tell

erknowk 5 months ago

shame hes rubbish

RedGalactico 5 months ago

shame hes rubbish 

RedGalactico 5 months ago

@davidublin but now they´re in front of everybody ;D

JoeHartGuy25 6 months ago

@erknowk How wrong you were...

IxYoYoxI 7 months ago

And that's just page 1

Can't believe literally 95% think he's shit :lol:

I sense a few are saying that because you had your hopes set on N'Zogbia, and Obertan doesn't appear to be as good as him.

He's another body in and for all anyone knows, he could flourish a bit more if he's given more of a chance than he was at Man Utd, which he surely would be. People are free to air their opinions about him as a player but you'd think you were buying an inanimate object if you look at some of the comments on here.

Come off it man Neil - it's the fact that we seemed to have money to spend this summer which we could have used to progress, and we've signed cheapies and non-entities.

Even Everton shelled out on a few fees after getting the Rooney money.

It's not what I was getting at, though.

My opinion is that negatives have been overblown and positives swept under the carpet. I can see that this will have been an incredibly frustrating summer. Would I be raging about where this Carroll money has gone? Yes, of course I would. Would I be pissed off about what's going on with Barton, Enrique, Nolan etc? Of course. Has it been a Summer From Hell? Well, I'm not fully qualified to say but from what I've seen, no. I really think people have swept the signings of Marveaux, Ba, Ben Arfa and Cabaye under the carpet somewhat. You have Gosling coming back who barely played last year (if at all?) and it looks like he's beefed the fuck up, so he could really develop this year.

Now you look like signing someone who yes, hasn't hit it off at Man Utd, but also hasn't been given that much of a chance. After a troublesome few days, news comes that you're signing someone who could bolster your midfield and offer some pace on the wing and who knows, with some faith placed in him, could start to really establish himself in this league. Instead, it's "he's shit". That is what I find bamboozling.

Before someone says this, no, I'm not sticking up for Ashley. I am however sticking up for some of the very good business you've done so far this summer which has escaped the limelight due to the Enrique/Barton etc shenanigans. Potentially disruptive? I would certainly imagine so. Fucking shit? I don't agree.

It's an underwhelming signing and frankly I'd rather persue another option. However, I'm willing to give the lad a chance. Who knows, with a run of games and a bit of confidence he might do alright. However from what I've personally seen of him he doesn't seem much of an improvement on Routledge, hope I'm wrong.

At least this lad can beat his man at the top level, something Routledge couldn't, so he's already an upgrade on Wayne for me.

Can't believe literally 95% think he's s*** :lol:

I sense a few are saying that because you had your hopes set on N'Zogbia, and Obertan doesn't appear to be as good as him.

He's another body in and for all anyone knows, he could flourish a bit more if he's given more of a chance than he was at Man Utd, which he surely would be. People are free to air their opinions about him as a player but you'd think you were buying an inanimate object if you look at some of the comments on here.

Come off it man Neil - it's the fact that we seemed to have money to spend this summer which we could have used to progress, and we've signed cheapies and non-entities.

My opinion is that negatives have been overblown and positives swept under the carpet. I can see that this will have been an incredibly frustrating summer. Would I be raging about where this Carroll money has gone? Yes, of course I would. Would I be p*ssed off about what's going on with Barton, Enrique, Nolan etc? Of course. Has it been a Summer From Hell? Well, I'm not fully qualified to say but from what I've seen, no. I really think people have swept the signings of Marveaux, Ba, Ben Arfa and Cabaye under the carpet somewhat. You have Gosling coming back who barely played last year (if at all?) and it looks like he's beefed the f*** up, so he could really develop this year.

Now you look like signing someone who yes, hasn't hit it off at Man Utd, but also hasn't been given that much of a chance. After a troublesome few days, news comes that you're signing someone who could bolster your midfield and offer some pace on the wing and who knows, with some faith placed in him, could start to really establish himself in this league. Instead, it's "he's s***". That is what I find bamboozling.

Before someone says this, no, I'm not sticking up for Ashley. I am however sticking up for some of the very good business you've done so far this summer which has escaped the limelight due to the Enrique/Barton etc shenanigans. Potentially disruptive? I would certainly imagine so. f***ing s***? I don't agree.

:thup:

Spot on fella

Honestly, I am not kidding - some of the cunts on this board make it so unrepresentative of the support it's untrue.

And tbf, Elephant In The Room time, some of the foreign lads get it and they understand and they're part of what makes this place mint, but a lot of the foreign kids on here do not have a fucking clue what they're talking about.  It's embarrassing reading this shit at times, absolutely fucking awful.

Guest pont-toon

so if he signs nufc would have major strength in depth for left midfield/wing - benny arfa, marveux, jonas, obertan, ferguson and for right midfield erm a player by the name of Joey Barton

hmmm......

In fairness, Youtube is full of complete morons.

YouTube comments are the biggest mong magnet on the internet.

*Loads up football compilation*

*Comments section involves wild racist abuse*

It's like a circle of life.

so if he signs nufc would have major strength in depth for left midfield/wing - benny arfa, marveux, jonas, obertan, ferguson and for right midfield erm a player by the name of Joey Barton

hmmm......

Obertan seems to play on the right from what I've seen

Guest mimifrench

Are you seriously going to sign him ?

I don't understand, i mean he is not what you need ! He is NOT a striker...

If you want to know i consider Obertan like the "poor Ben arfa" or a bad version of HBA. He made a big mistake when he joined ManUtd.

If you keep going this way, nufc will only add players but there won't be a team spirit.

Bad news, unless you want to become the new manchester city lol

Neil is absolutely spot on, It's one of the reasons this forum is so brilliant, posters from other clubs are warmly welcomed and we get a few.more opinions that aren't "omfg this is literally the end of the world!!!!".

I like how you can go to a video about something like...birds or some shit, scroll down and see an argument about WWII.

Can't believe literally 95% think he's shit :lol:

My opinion is that negatives have been overblown and positives swept under the carpet. I can see that this will have been an incredibly frustrating summer. Would I be raging about where this Carroll money has gone? Yes, of course I would. Would I be pissed off about what's going on with Barton, Enrique, Nolan etc? Of course. Has it been a Summer From Hell? Well, I'm not fully qualified to say but from what I've seen, no. I really think people have swept the signings of Marveaux, Ba, Ben Arfa and Cabaye under the carpet somewhat. You have Gosling coming back who barely played last year (if at all?) and it looks like he's beefed the fuck up, so he could really develop this year.

Now you look like signing someone who yes, hasn't hit it off at Man Utd, but also hasn't been given that much of a chance. After a troublesome few days, news comes that you're signing someone who could bolster your midfield and offer some pace on the wing and who knows, with some faith placed in him, could start to really establish himself in this league. Instead, it's "he's shit". That is what I find bamboozling.

Before someone says this, no, I'm not sticking up for Ashley. I am however sticking up for some of the very good business you've done so far this summer which has escaped the limelight due to the Enrique/Barton etc shenanigans. Potentially disruptive? I would certainly imagine so. Fucking shit? I don't agree.

As it stands we have a worse squad than this time last year imo, and I've no idea where the goals are going to come from.

With all due respect to you Neil, I don't think you'd be this casual if Everton had just came up the season before last and had made similar boardroom decisions after a season of relative success.  I know you're on our side but it's easy from where you're standing to be perfectly honest.

If the price is £3million, that's a fair enough price I guess. As underwhelming as this signing would be, we'll at least have another option on the right wing.

Like I've said before, I'll give the lad a chance if he does sign.

I like how you can go to a video about something like...birds or some s***, scroll down and see an argument about WWII.

Birds you say...

:naughty:

Not sure I've ever seen a player divide opinion so much btw, and I don't mean amongst us lot. Could be absolute shit, could be a revelation. Looking at the supposed fee in this context, I bet Ashley is jizzing his pants at the thought of him tripling in value and it's perhaps no surprise we're in for him.