Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

His only half decent performances have came today and against shit opposition in the early stages of the Europa league (i think). In any pressure game against decent opposition he goes missing and makes some simple things, like first touch and short passing look difficult. I would love to see him do well next season for us, but i cant see that happening. Even players like Perch and Williamson didn't take 3 years to get up to a decent standard, from being totally dog shit.

The only possible role, and even then it's a long shot, this bloke has at the club is to be put on the bench and brought on to exploit his pace against tired defences when we need a goal. The odd flash here or there doesn't erase the countless appearances where he's been fucking dreadful. He is what he is and he's not going to get any better.

The only possible role, and even then it's a long shot, this bloke has at the club is to be put on the bench and brought on to exploit his pace against tired defences when we need a goal. The odd flash here or there doesn't erase the countless appearances where he's been fucking dreadful. He is what he is and he's not going to get any better.

That role could and should be given to Ben Arfa who actually has the balls to perform against the big boys.

That role could and should be given to Ben Arfa who actually has the balls to perform against the big boys.

On the contrary, a fit and motivated Ben Arfa should be starting. :thup:

It'll always be the same story with Obertan, he's got the tools to be an effective player but he lacks belief and his caution causes him to make the wrong decisions. As a regular in a slightly easier league he'd be decent.

He's a player who doesn't strike the ball well at all and makes bad decisions in possession. He could be incredibly confident and still be abject.

It'll always be the same story with Obertan, he's got the tools to be an effective player but he lacks belief and his caution causes him to make the wrong decisions. As a regular in a slightly easier league he'd be decent.

He's a player who doesn't strike the ball well at all and makes bad decisions in possession. He could be incredibly confident and still be abject.

Disagree there like. He made better decisions on the ball in this friendly tournament and strike a better shot than I've seen him do in two years in the premier. Confidence is a massive factor IMO.

Disagree there like. He made better decisions on the ball in this friendly tournament and strike a better shot than I've seen him do in two years in the premier. Confidence is a massive factor IMO.

tend to agree on the confidence thing, he doesn't seem capable of handling pressure in the slightest and whatever confidence he has seems to drain out him him if he makes a mistake. In theory he'd be almost the ideal player to bring on mid 2nd half to just scare the hell out of tired defenders with his pace but as of yet he's almost never used that pace effectively

I thought he's had a great pre season, personally I've no problem with that, seems like some people he do. If he keeps it up and forces his way into the first team and stays there on merit, then we should be happy about that, if he's decided he wants to be a successful footballer that'll be great for us.

He wont be good enough. I'll eat my s*** and throw it up and eat it again if he has a great season. People don't have a problem with his preseason, the problem is that they/i see that Pards will play him in many games despite not being up for it, just cause he's played well against poor players/ in friendlies

It's a friendly. Alan O'Brien looked a decent winger for us in pre-season.

He wont be good enough. I'll eat my s*** and throw it up and eat it again if he has a great season. People don't have a problem with his preseason, the problem is that they/i see that Pards will play him in many games despite not being up for it, just cause he's played well against poor players/ in friendlies

quoted just in case  :shifty: