What's happened to the Dyer detractors?

Syrette

Kieron Dyer in form would be a great addition to the team/squad imo...He's getting alot of stick and it wasn't he's fault he got a new big contract (Who would say no to big money whatever you work with?) ....And i guess he does'nt want to be injured either,

I hope he will be back fully fit and finally being able to play for a while without getting injured again (but i find it hard that it will happen)

My guess is that he's desperate to play and show people that he still can be a class player as he was when leeds and Man Utd wanted to sign him.

If he ever could find that form and fitness..

I got some stick for what i wrote about dyer a while ago...Who's laughing now? If he just can stay fit...fingers crossed..

I'm a self confessed Dyer hater, i do believe he's a financial drain on the club, and rarely offers anything in return.

His attitude over the years has been on par with Bellamy and his football at times closer to Dire especially in and around the box, but he looks like he really wants this return more than anything else, lets hope this has finally broken the snotty attitude of a spoilt boy, and molded him into a man.

He does look a better player, but im not sure if he has improved, or we have become worse, probably both, but he's certainly a welcome addition to the squad right now and im just praying he stays out of trouble (which am 75% sure of he will) and injury free (which am about 95% certain he wont)

I wouldn't know if "they" have disappeared...it is also noticeable how those who said Bellamy should go and Souness should be backed also deny it now - notably Ozzie Mandiarse - the fact is that Dyer has always been a talented player who many people wanted rid of or ran out of patience with, because he is always injured, which is unarguable. He is now massively important, and has been even more so, precisely because Souness kicked Bellamy out of the club. He instantly became the only player who could run at pace with or without the ball. Quite simply if Bellamy was still here we would have played the way we did today almost every game, just like, eeerrrr...when Bellamy was here.

A lot of other people also wanted him out because he was a horrible little shite too, which he has been. Far worse than Bellamy ever was. Everyone can redeem themselves though, so its up to him.

Still, we need Dyer to stay fit and perform. We also need a striker/forward to come in in January, and perform from day 1. No settling in, no adapting, or any other such bollocks. The need is immediate. Even a short term low fee player while the club restores financial stability and looks for the right long term player. If we can do that, we can get up the league and have a good chance of winning one of the cups. If we can shock Chelsea we would be in the Semi Final and Owen may be back in for the run in to the season's end too.

I think Nicky Butt was great today after he came on. And I think the club - with Dyer plugging the pace gap - is on the right lines and playing the right way to make progress again too.

No question he's turned things round for us. I don't think he's ever played better than he is now, which is remarkable considering the time he's had out. He's not needed any time to get back to his best form - the minute he stepped on the pitch at Man City, he's looked great.

My heart was in my mouth today when he went down, clutching the back of his thigh. I really thought his hamstring had gone again.

No question he's turned things round for us. I don't think he's ever played better than he is now, which is remarkable considering the time he's had out. He's not needed any time to get back to his best form - the minute he stepped on the pitch at Man City, he's looked great.

My heart was in my mouth today when he went down, clutching the back of his thigh. I really thought his hamstring had gone again.

I remember he did the same in an England match--can't remember which one it was now. He came on on about 75 mins--maybe later--and really gave the team a jolt. Did he win a pen? Maybe someone can remind me. But he's definitely got something we need: the balls and ability to run at defenders at a pace they don't like one bit.

I remember he did the same in an England match--can't remember which one it was now. He came on on about 75 mins--maybe later--and really gave the team a jolt. Did he win a pen? Maybe someone can remind me. But he's definitely got something we need: the balls and ability to run at defenders at a pace they don't like one bit.

turkey, rooney's debut?

I believe that was against Croatia a couple of years back. I think it was one of Beattie's first games.

turkey, rooney's debut?

That's the one. We don't actually need him to score--which is asking a bit much from him--simply bursting into the box, commiting defenders and collecting fouls would help us out. If he can stay fit.

Hes a good footballer, no doubt about it, and his impact in the side is pretty big. Players like Emre, Martins and Nobby seem to have come to life with him in the team.

However, the main problems his "detractors" have had with him have always been:

1) His injury proneness

2) His atttitude

3) His high wages

4) His lack of end product

As of yet, its impossible to say which of those have changed until hes been playing for a few months (wages obviously wont).

Hes made similar impacts when returning from injury in the past, although right now that impact is greater because we have more technical footballers who are getting alot more joy with him in the team, but its never lasted more than a few games in when he has returned from these lengthy spells on the sideline.

So its not worth cashing in our chips too early. Although I hope to God he stays fit.

In regards to his off the field problems, has he really done anything that most of us wouldn't have done in our lifetime or would have liked to have done?

Considering Bellamy has been accused of hitting women when out on the p*ss on more than one occasion is suprises me how he is seen by some as a legend and Dyer is some devil!

Fair enough Bellamy gave us more on the pitch but the usual excuse for him is "i don't care what he does off the pitch as long as he is doing it on it" where as Dyer is the subject of a witch hunt if he has a drunken piss in the streets or a hotel room he didnt even use but was booked in his name is subject to a police investigation!

His part in the sacking of Sir Bobby is enough for me, his refusal to play at Boro was shocking.

Turkey @ the dark place?

Agreed that he has shown a lot of desire since he's come back, he gives us a new dimension to our play and actually worries opponents. He has been a little twat in the past but i'll give hime the chance to redeem himself.

Some people seem to dislike Dyer because of his wages as a reason...F****ng silly...

Who wouldn't want to be on big wages? Aint his fault that he got offered that kind of money...

Maybe you can blame him for much, but not for that imo...

Dyer against Spurs in the FA Cup a few years back is the best I think I've seen from him, even better than his last couple of games.  It's the game which Ginola got all of the stick and was taken off.

In regards to his off the field problems, has he really done anything that most of us wouldn't have done in our lifetime or would have liked to have done?

Considering Bellamy has been accused of hitting women when out on the p*ss on more than one occasion is suprises me how he is seen by some as a legend and Dyer is some devil!

Fair enough Bellamy gave us more on the pitch but the usual excuse for him is "i don't care what he does off the pitch as long as he is doing it on it" where as Dyer is the subject of a witch hunt if he has a drunken piss in the streets or a hotel room he didnt even use but was booked in his name is subject to a police investigation!

His part in the sacking of Sir Bobby is enough for me, his refusal to play at Boro was shocking.

Agree totally. Should have been horse-whipped. Arrogant little twat.

Average player who had a good game today. No better now than when he signed though - just considerably richer. Has never given value for money. It would be scary to think how much he's cost us in wages, transfer fees, signing-on fees and bonuses in the 8 seasons he's been up here.  bluebigeek.gif

Some people seem to dislike Dyer because of his wages as a reason...F****ng silly...

No different to Owen in that its silly to either spend huge amounts on, or pay huge amounts to, a crock who only plays a handful of games a season.

No different to Owen in that its silly to either spend huge amounts on, or pay huge amounts to, a crock who only plays a handful of games a season.

Can't realy blame them though, doubt you will see many players these days turn round and refuse £60/£80/£100k a week because they get injured a lot!

what i meant  is that some people dislike him (Dyer) because he's on big wages...Or uses his wages  as one of the reasons to dislike him...

The only criticism I've ever had is that he was never fit. When he is fit he is a very good player.

It's just a case of keeping him fit, I'd even rest him for Frankfurt on Thursday even though we don't play again until next Wednesday as I'd hate to see him get injured in a nothing game.