NUFC v Arsenal - 13/8/11 - 5.30pm - Live on ESPN - MATCH ON

Fatwax

Guest ykmkmdd

According to the BBC Fabregas to Barca and Nasri to Man City are both close to done deals - leaves them a lot weaker in the middle....

Much of our defensive success against Arsenal in our away victory last season came from pushing them out wide, IIRC. There was a cross which Fabregas met with a header which tested us, but we were quite happy/relatively comfortable to let them cross it as we (and every other team in the world) had the beating of them in the air.

Having a more compact defensive unit might be quite a good strategy against Arsenal. If Taylor can stay mindful of his surroundings, remain calm, not lose his head...... Oh, I see the weakness of this argument now. ;)

So is Ferguson still injured then?

Would much, much rather see him at left back than say Ryan Taylor/Simpson out of position. So he's probably a winger really and has the physical appearance of a 12 year old but at the very least he's naturally left footed, comfortable in possession and has some pace.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So is Ferguson still injured then?

Would much, much rather see him at left back than say Ryan Taylor/Simpson out of position. So he's probably a winger really and has the physical appearance of a 12 year old but at the very least he's naturally left footed, comfortable in possession and has some pace.

He was in training a week back I think. I'd rather play Dummett than Raylor even.

S. Taylor has been scoring goals lately, but do people rate him ahead of Williamson?

Defensively S. Taylor scares the hell out of me in a way Williamson doesn't. Even though Williamson is prone to his own dodgy mometns too.

What I want:

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Jonas (Fergie if fit)

Barton   Cabaye   Tiote

Obertan                             Marveaux

Ba

What we'll actually get:

Harper

S. Taylor   Williamson  Coloccini  Simpson

Gosling   Cabaye    Tiote    Jonas

Ameobi   Ba

So who is gonna play left back v Arsenal? Awful timing from NUFC (Enrique leaving), but then again we shouldn't be surprised.

Thankfully RW seems to be our strongest position at the moment presuming Gervinho will have to play there.