Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

The offers were accepted. The players turned us down. (Gameiro/Gervinho, at least).

You'd have thought we'd have checked that bit out first. ;)

Who says we didnt like?  Seems pretty reasonable to assume we were told that while we werent those players first choice they would sign for us if certain other clubs didnt come in.  But those clubs did come in (Arsenal and PSG).  I mean are you saying that we should only have made bids for players that we're absolutely sure we could get?

Why throw big money bids at players you know you've got no hope of signing??

Who would do a thing like that? ;)

But that's the point your repeatedly missing, theres nothing to say we didnt have a chance of signing them.

Nothing to say we did either. We could do this all night tbh.

I think we only bid for them after finding out that the chances of signing them was pretty low. I think we did it as a faux show of 'ambition' to appease fans and players. If you disagree with that then that's absolutely fine with me. :thup:

Guest Heneage

Bloody forum errors.

I must admit with all this fanfare and etc a LB is a must now, if we don't get one this place will explode for one.

I can't believe we've got a player of Cissokho's quality desperate to sign and we're pussyfooting about paying an extra couple of million (it's not as if we've just recieved this fee for our left back anyway...). If you didn't laugh you'd fucking cry.

Spot on. Its unbelievable that he's interested and yet you know we'll mess this up.

Guest bimpy474

Those quotes from them seem to make the deal more likely to me. If they're talking openly about bids and him leaving then we might still pull this off.

If we pull this off, i'll pull you off ;)

:D

I think they knew fine well this would be rejected, it was done because of Barton, need to look active in the market because we're going to end up with some shite left back on the last day and no striker.

The most plausible scenario of all