Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

The paper version of the Times ( I was coincidentally reading on the way to the match on Sat) very explicitly said that he was putting in a transfer request as he wanted to move to England, whilst reporting our bid.  I then found a copy of WSC on the train that had a report saying that Lyon were brassed following their ig spending spree of the last couple of years and desperately trying to reduce the wage bill and get rid of big stars.  That was why thye had sold Makoun for around half his purcahse price in Jan.  Looks like this lad could be on if we stump up the money (big if like)

Would love this to come off. Never really seen him play much but going off what others have said he'd be a great signing. Weren't Liverpool meant to be in for him earlier in the summer? Wonder why they switched their interest to Enrique?

For those of you that have seen quite a bit of Cissokho how would you rate him compared to Enrique?

Would love this to come off. Never really seen him play much but going off what others have said he'd be a great signing. Weren't Liverpool meant to be in for him earlier in the summer? Wonder why they switched their interest to Enrique?

For those of you that have seen quite a bit of Cissokho how would you rate him compared to Enrique?

Enrique was cheaper but I think Liverpool's interest was well documented and could be what unsettled him, Lyon told them if they wanted him then to get in touch with them.

His qualities are the same as Enrique strong quick likes to carry the ball forward certainly a great direct replacement for Enrique.. doubtful the board will go for him when there are cheaper options though.

Need to get something sorted today or tomorrow, Thursday at the absolute latest.

the clock is ticking down to Ryan Taylor at left back in the derby

Shane should be fit for the derby, no? Not that that's any excuse to not have a LB tied up by then, whether it's this guy or Pieters.

Love to have this fella here. Cissokho, Maiga and Maynard would represent very good business for the summer.

Can't see us getting all 3 though?  Still, I'd be happy with just the first two, in fact I'd probably go and bu a bottle of blue nun to celebrate.