Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Guest Stephen927

Would rather we got the best left back we can rather than just whoever we can get in before the derby. Jussaying.

Would rather we got the best left back we can rather than just whoever we can get in before the derby. Jussaying.

As long as someone comes in before the end of the window, I'm not bothered if it's before the derby either. It would be better if it was, but it's not the main thing.

I have to say, based entirely on what others have said I would like, in order:

Cissosssokkoo, Pieters then N'Begnue (can't remember their names).

That said, they all sound good so any would do.

tomwfootball Tom Williams

@DannyJGraham I think it could happen. He's looking to leave and Lyon have a decent replacement in Timothee Kolodziejczak.

:snod:

@Craigynic If Newcastle have the money, it could happen. Cissokho not particularly happy at Lyon and was dreadful last season.8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Ridiculous that the (fully justified) general consensus is that this won't happen. Hes not happy there, wants a move, didnt play well last season, they need the money, they have a replacement. We desperately need a left back and have THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS sitting there, can offer premier league football (which was enough for Cabaye to leave the champions and join us), and hes supposedly a very good player.

Any normal club in this position would just do the deal, but not Ashley

As long as someone comes in before the end of the window, I'm not bothered if it's before the derby either. It would be better if it was, but it's not the main thing.

They've had 8 months to prepare and complete these deals Ian, the bullshit has to stop and they need somebody in before Saturday. The manager is a dead man walking if we lose that match, and rightly so imo, he has overseen a shambles of a summer.

They've had 8 months to prepare and complete these deals Ian, the bullshit has to stop and they need somebody in before Saturday. The manager is a dead man walking if we lose that match, and rightly so imo, he has overseen a shambles of a summer.

And there is still time left in the window.  Christ, some people.

tomwfootball Tom Williams

@DannyJGraham I think it could happen. He's looking to leave and Lyon have a decent replacement in Timothee Kolodziejczak.

:snod:

@Craigynic If Newcastle have the money, it could happen. Cissokho not particularly happy at Lyon and was dreadful last season.8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Ridiculous that the (fully justified) general consensus is that this won't happen. Hes not happy there, wants a move, didnt play well last season, they need the money, they have a replacement. We desperately need a left back and have THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS sitting there, can offer premier league football (which was enough for Cabaye to leave the champions and join us), and hes supposedly a very good player.

Do you live in a penny dreadful?

I don't disagree, but the important thing for me is signing a good LB in this transfer window... when in the window isn't so important to me. As I said though, would be ideal to have it done before the next game.

As for the manager being a dead man walking, this isn't really the thread for that debate but that statement seems ludicrous to me before the second game of the season and drawing with Arsenal.

Also, Ashley will never fire him so soon so it's a moot point.

Do people still really think Ashley has THIRTY FIVE MILLION just stashed under his bed or something. This figure will never dissapear. We should have enough cash to get a decent replacement yes, but this 35 million talk is doing my head in these days.

Guest michaelfoster

wasn't it £30 million for Carroll upfront with £5m in add ons anyway not £35 million upfront?

/pedantic

From goal´s ratings (for the Lyon - Rubin game tonight)

Aly Cissokho

Combined magnificently with Michel Bastos to form a truly potent force down the left flank. Occasionally got caught too far forward, allowing space for Rubin to attack into, but his speed and strength allowed the left-back to recover. Withdrawn after 50 minutes, presumably due to injury.

From goal´s ratings (for the Lyon - Rubin game tonight)

Aly Cissokho

Combined magnificently with Michel Bastos to form a truly potent force down the left flank. Occasionally got caught too far forward, allowing space for Rubin to attack into, but his speed and strength allowed the left-back to recover. Withdrawn after 50 minutes, presumably due to injury.

goal.com's ratings are utter bollocks. not saying in this case as i didn't see the game but i wouldn't take their ratings into account.

From goal´s ratings

Aly Cissokho

Fuck that.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7KYDmjppf1xMe6GfT4kCP4BUYPddiTa2g-xfJxnhTLdHC1a70WQ