Valencia signs Aly Cissokho

Guest pont-toon

Lyon have the CL qualifier against Kazan tomorrow. Be interesting to see if he starts as it's a big, big game for them. Might starting taking this more seriously if he doesn't as he played at the weekend against Ajaccio.

Are Bastos and Cissokho battling for one position at Lyon these days?

Bastos plays on the left wing, usually. Cannot really defend.

Keep seeing quotes attributed to Garde that make it seem like one or the other will be leaving this summer, but I did think Bastos played on the wing for them and left-back for Brazil. Puzzling.

BrasiLyonnais Filipe F. Papini

GOLEIROS: Lloris e Vercoutre // LATERAIS: Réveillère, Cissokho, Gassama e Umtiti.

21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

BrasiLyonnais Filipe F. Papini

Aly Cissokho, que já foi pretendido pelo Liverpool, agora desperta o interesse do Newcastle, outro clube inglês.

26 minutes ago

Not fancy translating them first like?

First one seems to be a line up or details of squad. The second about what Stifler posted above.

Keep seeing quotes attributed to Garde that make it seem like one or the other will be leaving this summer, but I did think Bastos played on the wing for them and left-back for Brazil. Puzzling.

Well Bastos has recently said he's staying.

Aye, saw that bit too. Never easy to wade through with Google Translate, so I'm not 100% that's what their manager is trying to convey.

They both started in Lyon's opening game.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3753877/Newcastle-told-its-7m-for-Aly-Cissokho.html

Toon told it’s £7m for Aly

NEWCASTLE have been told they must up their offer if they want to land Aly Cissokho.

The Lyon left-back, 23, has put in an official transfer request after Toon's latest offer of £7million was rejected.

Another target, Sochaux frontman Modibo Maiga, has gone on strike to try to seal a £7m move.

He snapped: "The club is refusing to talk. It feels like a slap in the face. I want to leave."

That makes no sense, headline says it is £7mill for him BUT then the 'article' (I use that term very loosely) says our £7mill bid was rejected  :dowie: :dowie:

Didn't The Times report a couple of days ago that he's put in a request? Sure I read that on here.

Here's the quote from The Times (on the 13th)

"Newcastle United made a £5.5 million offer for Aly Cissokho last night in an effort to replace José Enrique, the left back who completed his move to Liverpool for the same fee yesterday.

Cissokho is expected to inform Lyons in the next 48 hours of his desire to leave, preferably for England. The 23-year-old, who has been capped once by France, attracted interest from Manchester City and clubs in Italy this summer."

Aye, saw that bit too. Never easy to wade through with Google Translate, so I'm not 100% that's what their manager is trying to convey.

They both started in Lyon's opening game.

Guess we'll have to see who starts in the CL game.