L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Or from this -

I think Ashley would sanction a £7m signing if he thought the player was actually worth £10+. I think it's the value/resale potential/risk that he's interested in, as well as the actual cost.

He'll sign for £6m.

To this

Medical tomorrow. £6-7m fee agreed. Four and a half year deal starting in January.

In 11 minutes.

Basically Colo knows fuck all but it doing the usual ITK trick of 'knowing' things after they have been talked about for days.

Can confirm we will sign him for £6,299,999.

Maiga is Sochaux top scorer and apparently he's been left out quite a bit.

Edit: Top scoring striker. There is a midfielder who has scored more.

Who...?    Why on earth don't we sign him instead !!!!!

R. Boudebouz has scored 5 goals from 16, Maiga has scored 4 in 10

Boudebouz is a fantastic player. The kind of player we should have gone for instead of a bargain basement signing like Obertan.

One of the types of players we should have gone for instead of Obertan. Pardew proving he's no scout.

I've never seen Maiga and am pleased cover is coming for ACN at least, but given our other players, wouldn't we be better off signing a right footed winger/striker?

Isn't Maiga part of the Mali squad that qualified? 

I've never seen Maiga and am pleased cover is coming for ACN at least, but given our other players, wouldn't we be better off signing a right footed winger/striker?

Isn't Maiga part of the Mali squad that qualified?

He most probably will be, yes. Fortunately they only won three games in a qualification group that consisted of themselves and footballing heavyweights such as, Zimbabwe, Liberia, and Cape Verde. They didn't qualify from the group stages in 2008 or 2010 - so we could have him back as early as February 2nd.

Boudebouz is a fantastic player. The kind of player we should have gone for instead of a bargain basement signing like Obertan.

One of the types of players we should have gone for instead of Obertan. Pardew proving he's no scout.

Carr would have watched him last season - basically every aspect of Boudebouz's game is better than Obertan's. He'll leave in the summer...

How much do you think Boudebouz would cost? £12 million?

Or from this -

I think Ashley would sanction a £7m signing if he thought the player was actually worth £10+. I think it's the value/resale potential/risk that he's interested in, as well as the actual cost.

He'll sign for £6m.

To this

Medical tomorrow. £6-7m fee agreed. Four and a half year deal starting in January.

In 11 minutes.

Basically Colo knows f*** all but it doing the usual ITK trick of 'knowing' things after they have been talked about for days.

Can confirm we will sign him for £6,299,999.

How can you confirm this?

Of all the strikers in France we could have signed... :hmm:

Have you seen much of him?

he is so well thought of at St James’ Park that the club are prepared to make that concession for a player who possesses the one thing Newcastle crave – pace.

Presumably this is based on Carr's scouting - good enough for me.

Guest palnese

Philippe Auclair 

Maiga to Newcastle: the Sochaux player is in London for medical check-up. Appears a done deal, which will be finalised in Jan

Giggs?