L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

That's completely irrelevant in relation to what I said, though. I said I thought Kinnear would get the required 6 points from 8 games, not that Shearer should take a larger portion of the blame for relegation. That obviously falls with Ashley and Lambias first and Kinnear second.

Don't agree with this about Kinnear keeping us up.  He had no wins in his last 8 games before becoming ill.

It's like that Alan Partridge line, "Your ratings (results) started badly.  They got worse".

c*** would have taken us down.  God, I still can't stand him. :lol:

Yet he stated in interviews afterwards that we "were on a fantastic run" when he took ill. wat?

We went down by a point- there are dozens of things that 'could have kept us up'.

Also, all these people saying 'relegation was a good thing'. Apart from the whole £40m down the shitter (which one day will be settled from player sales), it was belting, aye.

Info Team. En: Rebound on file Maiga. While Sochaux and Newcastle had agreed a transfer fee of just over seven million euros and it was supposed to sign a five and a half years on 22 December, the Malian striker did not ultimately join the Magpies. Former Manceau did not meet the medical examination carried out this week - Tuesday and Wednesday, in London. Despite a cons-expertise of Professor Jaeger, which contradicts the opinion of the medical staff of Newcastle and confirmed the perfect health of Maiga, the Premier League club preferred to stand behind the advice of his doctors. After five months of negotiations, the transfer has been abandoned.

"I am disappointed at this turn of events, reacted the player's agent, Karim Aklil. Modibo is in perfect physical condition, which was confirmed by one of the leading experts in the field. I am quite surprised, too light means for my taste-implemented during his visit and the medical diagnosis by the doctors appointed by the club. I am convinced that the future will prove us right and that Modibo will prove its efficiency it remains one of the best strikers in the Championship of France. "A crisis meeting to be held in the coming days with the leadership of Sochaux, before taking a decision on the future of Maiga. - Emery Taisne