L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Guest efullerton

When you consider the amount of deadwood we had back then it does honestly make you wonder what we would be like now if we never went down.

bankrupt

From what i can see, he looks good in the air and has an unorthodox style with his feet, he reminds me of Martins in that respect. That's all i can take from the video clips i've seen.

If we are willing to spend more to get him than we did on Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tiote, then it says alot. Lets hope Carr has found a diamond for us.

Being relegated was one of the best things that happened to us in the last 10 years.

wouldn't go as far back as 10 years but yeah a few of us said at the time we were relegated that it could do a lot of good in terms of clearing out the over-paid crap and building a new team, which may have seemed like desperately looking for a silver lining but provided we went straight back up like we did then yeah it was the best thing to happen to us at that time

the last 2 and abit seasons have been polar opposite to the 4 or 5 that preceeded them from the souness era onwards

Quite a risk tying up a deal so early, but if this is the start, maybe it'll be finally confirmed in Novermber, so not too far away from the opening of the window. Again it's a player we rate highly, wanted long term, and have gone back in for him, means he's another part of the jigsaw, one or two more like this (RB then cb ) and were laughing.

:snod:

(though I'd say we're covered for RB....)

Quite a risk tying up a deal so early, but if this is the start, maybe it'll be finally confirmed in Novermber, so not too far away from the opening of the window. Again it's a player we rate highly, wanted long term, and have gone back in for him, means he's another part of the jigsaw, one or two more like this (RB then cb ) and were laughing.

:snod:

(though I'd say we're covered for RB....)

Santon RB, Pieters LB. Ridgewell in as cover.

:fwap:

[/Happydays]

Good stuff :thup: Løvenkrands off the bench? :fwap:

Now waiting for Cissokho.  :shifty:

:lol: Holy s*** I hate you for making me consider that. Fuuuuuuck! I'm allergic to optimism, man!

Don't worry. We'll lose 17-0 combined in Manchester to make up for all of this. And that will be the end of Simpson (among others). So I guess optimism is back. :troll:

Modibo Maiga is concentrating on performing as well as he can for Sochaux as reports in France claim the striker is to join Newcastle when the transfer window opens.

The 25-year-old, who scored 15 goals for the French club last season, has previously stated that he wants a move to the Premier League and refused to train earlier in the campaign when a move to St James' Park appeared to have collapsed.

Maiga, from Mali, is under contract until 2014 at Stade Bonal but talks between the two clubs are believed to have continued and a transfer appears to be in the pipeline.

The forward, who will reportedly sign a four-and-a-half-year deal with the Magpies, told skysports.com: "I am 25-years-old so I know what is good for me, at the moment I am doing and honoring my contract with Sochaux.

"I have played six games and scored four times, so I am doing my part.

"If I am ambitious I am not going to finish my career at Sochaux, but I have a contract until June 2014."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_7249445,00.html?

Can't work out if I'm pleased at him refusing to train because it means he really wants to come play with us, or if I'm concerned that it means that if it seems someone better wants him after a season that he'll start throwing his toys out the pram here as well.

Modibo Maiga is concentrating on performing as well as he can for Sochaux as reports in France claim the striker is to join Newcastle when the transfer window opens.

The 25-year-old, who scored 15 goals for the French club last season, has previously stated that he wants a move to the Premier League and refused to train earlier in the campaign when a move to St James' Park appeared to have collapsed.

Maiga, from Mali, is under contract until 2014 at Stade Bonal but talks between the two clubs are believed to have continued and a transfer appears to be in the pipeline.

The forward, who will reportedly sign a four-and-a-half-year deal with the Magpies, told skysports.com: "I am 25-years-old so I know what is good for me, at the moment I am doing and honoring my contract with Sochaux.

"I have played six games and scored four times, so I am doing my part.

"If I am ambitious I am not going to finish my career at Sochaux, but I have a contract until June 2014."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_7249445,00.html?

Definitely wants to leave like.