L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Guest TheSummerOf69

Wow, a Kenny Wharton ITK-off.

Watch and learn.  :lol:

his sitting on the ball is available on youtube.

Ahh, Gazza juggling the ball and Steve Foster losing his rag in the Luton 4-0 revenge game. What a great day!  :aww:

For those interested, the translated text from the L'Equipe article says:

Maïga near Newcastle

Info Team . All this was close to joining Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Sylvain Marveaux and Obertan in Newcastle, Modibo Maiga, Malian striker from FC Sochaux, could be among the Magpies finally transfers occur during the winter transfer window in January. Reportedly, negotiations between the two clubs have virtually ended. According to a source familiar with the English club, they could even find a successful conclusion by the end of the week. The 24-year contract in the Doubs until June 2014, would engage with the current fourth Premier League for a period of four and a half seasons.

DURING ACN the team would be...

Krul

Santon    Saylor        Coloccini  Raylor/New non african lb

Obertan/Marveaux  Cabaye    Abeid/Gosling/Guthrie  Jonas/Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Best/Ameobi

Quite a risk tying up a deal so early, but if this is the start, maybe it'll be finally confirmed in Novermber, so not too far away from the opening of the window. Again it's a player we rate highly, wanted long term, and have gone back in for him, means he's another part of the jigsaw, one or two more like this (RB then cb ) and were laughing.

Quite a risk tying up a deal so early, but if this is the start, maybe it'll be finally confirmed in Novermber, so not too far away from the opening of the window. Again it's a player we rate highly, wanted long term, and have gone back in for him, means he's another part of the jigsaw, one or two more like this (RB then cb ) and were laughing.

Not really. He seems to be a player who we have been tracking for a while and seems to be our no.1 target for January. I have no problem with the club tying the deals up so that on January the 1st he is our player instead of it dragging on for a month, a time when we could be playing in 3 different competitions..

Not really. He seems to be a player who we have been tracking for a while and seems to be our no.1 target for January. I have no problem with the club tying the deals up so that on January the 1st he is our player instead of it dragging on for a month, a time when we could be playing in 3 different competitions..

Wat? Did you read what I posted?  :lol:

Wat? Did you read what I posted?  :lol:

It's mostly the bit in bold I was arguing against.