L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

Jesus we dont know anything yet, it could be a monor issue that will get sorted out, it could be nothing and the story is not true, it could be true...

All COULD and not definite, no need to panic yet.

There are direct quotes from his agent tbf.

I know but in a French report, could be any kind of mis-report or inaccurate story.

And as we see with our papers and news channels, they quote all sorts that turn out to be made up rubbish, i just think its too soon to over react.

L'Equipe are absolutely nothing like our papers from what I've seen.

Do you read them everyday and how much of a percentage of their stories are true ?

Same as many of ours i would suspect.

Quite a large percent.

Bollocks :D

I'd certainly trust L'Equipe more than our press.

Very true that, i tend to just disbelieve all of them and wait for Pardew to tell us, its all very secret squirrell with our club.

Guest bimpy474

Jesus we dont know anything yet, it could be a monor issue that will get sorted out, it could be nothing and the story is not true, it could be true...

I know but in a French report, could be any kind of mis-report or inaccurate story.

And as we see with our papers and news channels, they quote all sorts that turn out to be made up rubbish, i just think its too soon to over react.

The French press have a cracking success rate when talking about our transfer dealings.

Ermmm not really, if we had signed every player that has been linked with us by their papers/news outlets we would have signed dozens by now.

You really don't want this to be true, do you son?  :undecided:

Ye.........n............meh.....:D

Have to admit, brilliantly as Ba is doing for us at the moment, I'm worried about when he goes to the ACoN. Not only because of us not having him for those weeks, but regarding how well his fitness will be monitored over there by their staff, and playing several games on hard pitches.

To put your mind at ease Dave, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea are quite wet countries, so pitches won't be too hard.

Have to admit, brilliantly as Ba is doing for us at the moment, I'm worried about when he goes to the ACoN. Not only because of us not having him for those weeks, but regarding how well his fitness will be monitored over there by their staff, and playing several games on hard pitches.

To put your mind at ease Dave, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea are quite wet countries, so pitches won't be too hard.

Cheers. :thup:

Do you read them everyday and how much of a percentage of their stories are true ?

Obviously I don't read them every day. But as others have pointed out, they are reasonably highly regarded in France and across Europe for their information.

For reference: http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/newspaper_statistics.aspx

Guest bimpy474

The French press have a cracking success rate when talking about our transfer dealings.

Ermmm not really, if we had signed every player that has been linked with us by their papers/news outlets we would have signed dozens by now.

You really don't want this to be true, do you son:undecided:

You sir have just made this very nearly 41 year olds day.

"son" i feel 20 years younger now :D

Was clearly never going to happen, Ashley & co just wanted to create the illusion of activity to get the fans on side, shades of Stephen Ireland, bilderberg group, 9/11 was an inside job, selling Tiote on the 1st, excuting Cabaye mafia style in the center circle, FEMA death camps, etc, etc

More diplomatic way of turning him down than saying his attitude is shit?

Don't know anything about this guy on the pitch, but he seems to be a bit of prick the way he's handling wanting to leave Sochaux. Then again HBA seemed to play the same trick at the time.

Seems very peculiar that he's failed a medical given the ones we've signed recently, and I seriously doubt it's a case of "learning from mistakes" as only Marveaux has arguably been a mistake in that regard so far. I'd hazard a guess that we've changed our priorities from a striker to a defender, that money is only realistically available for one or the other, and that the failed medical is an easy way to cancel the transfer without the club pissing too many people off.

Might be cynical but hey ho...

Guest bimpy474

Obviously I don't read them every day. But as others have pointed out, they are reasonably highly regarded in France and across Europe for their information.

For reference: http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/newspaper_statistics.aspx

Thanks Dave thats quite a good site that ;)

Whats that stat, is it 75% of stats are made up or something like that

More diplomatic way of turning him down than saying his attitude is shit?

Don't know anything about this guy on the pitch, but he seems to be a bit of prick the way he's handling wanting to leave Sochaux. Then again HBA seemed to play the same trick at the time.

We already knew he had an attitude issue though, and were seemingly all too happy to take advantage of this if it could save us a few quid.

Guest bimpy474

Seems very peculiar that he's failed a medical given the ones we've signed recently, and I seriously doubt it's a case of "learning from mistakes" as only Marveaux has arguably been a mistake in that regard so far. I'd hazard a guess that we've changed our priorities from a striker to a defender, that money is only realistically available for one or the other, and that the failed medical is an easy way to cancel the transfer without the club pissing too many people off.

Might be cynical but hey ho...

As someone has said earlier the other medicals that provided risks were free transfers, this is £7m or so......if this is the reason of course.

Alright Grandad, calm yourself down. He could be 60+ for all you know.

Guest bimpy474

Alright Grandad, calm yourself down.

:D

Thats more like it.

Wouldn't be surprised for the club to announce the deal to be completed tomorrow tbf  :lol:

Definitely need to bring in a striker though, hopefully we can get a deal negotiated before January before the prices get too silly.

To those saying it's fine if we don't go for someone else because the more pressing issue at present is at centre half, how do you think Pardew will feel about not getting another striker? Considering his supposed reaction after the end of August.