Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Pardew bumboy. For that alone he can f*** off.

Third best keeper at the club, the fact that he won player of the season tells you everything about how s**** our year was.

Man taken from league one to premier league by manager, is grateful, subsequently refuses to slag off manager to stranger in a nightclub. Hardly crime of the century.

Darlow certainly not good enough to be our number 1 long term, but I would be happy with him as 2nd choice if he's happy to sit on the bench.

It's going to be very interesting time for Tim Krul, he was in poor form for quite some time before his injury. If he can come back and regain full fitness and form then all the better but it will be a worry if he can't and we'll need to look for a long term replacement.

Third best keeper at the club, the fact that he won player of the season tells you everything about how s**** our year was.

Man taken from league one to premier league by manager, is grateful, subsequently refuses to slag off manager to stranger in a nightclub. Hardly crime of the century.

:lol: People need to get a grip like.

I think he's better than Darlow at the moment

No way.

Darlow's all-round game, on crosses and coming off his line and sweeping up balls is far, far superior and that was clear in the last few games of the season. There is a lot more to 'keeping than shot stopping, which is where Elliot's game is shockingly bad.

I would have said the other way around. I think Darlow has a pretty poor command of the box while being a decent shot stopper

No way.

Darlow's all-round game, on crosses and coming off his line and sweeping up balls is far, far superior and that was clear in the last few games of the season. There is a lot more to 'keeping than shot stopping, which is where Elliot's game is shockingly bad.

I would have said the other way around. I think Darlow has a pretty poor command of the box while being a decent shot stopper

He's not great by any means at this but much better than Elliot, in particular in his speed off his line. Elliot cost us quite a few goals by being slow as fuck.

No way.

He's not great by any means at this but much better than Elliot, in particular in his speed off his line. Elliot cost us quite a few goals by being slow as fuck.

Such as? The Everton one is the only glaring error I can remember from him

No way.

Such as? The Everton one is the only glaring error I can remember from him

Sunderland red card and pen for one, despite dodgy decision he should have been out and taking the lot. Numerous one on ones, where he was useless.

[emoji38] People need to get a grip like.

That wasn't all he said though, was it. Basically said Newcastle were where they belonged in the bottom half and fans had ideas above their station. Essentially that's backing the way we've been run by Ashley.

He's a perfectly adequate number 2 for a premier league team or a decent first choice for championship. League one standard is a bit daft.

3rd choice he's just about okay I guess. A fair few Championship 'keepers are a lot better than him, League 1 is slightly harsh perhaps.

But he really isn't very good, poor positioning, slow of his line, doesn't command his box.

He's a Caig Perez, Karelse level. Hopefully Darlow has relegated him back to there.

That wasn't all he said though, was it. Basically said Newcastle were where they belonged in the bottom half and fans had ideas above their station. Essentially that's backing the way we've been run by Ashley.

Were you there then?

Willian's goal was the worst display of a goalkeeper rooted to his line I've seen. Then he didn't dive for Shaqiri's blastie and there's the obvious Cleverly goal which has been mentioned.

He was hardly alone taking the blane for Defoe's goal at SJP, but him palming the ball just outside of his 6-yard box instead of tipping it over was baffling.

He's a perfectly adequate number 2 for a premier league team or a decent first choice for championship. League one standard is a bit daft.

3rd choice he's just about okay I guess. A fair few Championship 'keepers are a lot better than him, League 1 is slightly harsh perhaps.

But he really isn't very good, poor positioning, slow of his line, doesn't command his box.

He's a Caig Perez, Karelse level. Hopefully Darlow has relegated him back to there.

Don't forgt the mighty Hooper :lol:

For me like he's about on par with Darlow but Darlow has time and potential on side. Krul is still our best keeper but I can see him moving on. That being said with Rafa...who knows?

Elliott has been our best player this season. By best I mean most in form. That doesn't really say much unfortunately but you have to give credit where it's due. He saved us more points than he cost us - the same cannot be said for 99% of our squad.

I think people's opinions are being somewhat muddied by the fact he's seen to be a Pardew apologist.

Agreed.

Of course they are. Personally not going to base my opinion of him on a 30 second conversation with someone when mortal on a night out.

As long as he's trying his best on the pitch he could have fucked Yorkie relentlessly for all I care. He's not particularly good, but he's our 2nd/3rd choice keeper and perfectly acceptable to do that job next season.

Rob Elliott player of the season. Fuck me what a terrible season we have had :lol:

IMO he has had some good performances and some bad ones. He's not done anything special, so he's not especially deserving of any accolades.

Townsend has contributed much more and should have gotten it.

I think people's opinions are being somewhat muddied by the fact he's seen to be a Pardew apologist.

Agreed.

Of course they are. Personally not going to base my opinion of him on a 30 second conversation with someone when mortal on a night out.

As long as he's trying his best on the pitch he could have fucked Yorkie relentlessly for all I care. He's not particularly good, but he's our 2nd/3rd choice keeper and perfectly acceptable to do that job next season.

Could have?

Were you there then?

:lol:

Mine's influenced by the baffling praise he got for making a few saves (imo anyway). I probably have been too harsh him, but I never understood this whole 'winning us points' craic. his distribution is as bad as anyone we've had too.

Were you there then?

Really?