Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Elliot has been excellent this season, mediocre ffs.

I'm not saying I like him, nor am I saying he's a great keeper but this season he's been superb and far out performed expectations. He will be a huge miss. One save might be the difference for us, in the same way that one goal might be. It shouldn't be this way but that's where we find ourselves.

From what I've seen, he's a better keeper than Krul, who can barely kick a ball.

Just wow.

Let's be honest, your football commentary has been "just wow," for a long time. "Cringe worthy," innit.

Elliot has been excellent this season, mediocre ffs.

I'm not saying I like him, nor am I saying he's a great keeper but this season he's been superb and far out performed expectations. He will be a huge miss. One save might be the difference for us, in the same way that one goal might be. It shouldn't be this way but that's where we find ourselves.

From what I've seen, he's a better keeper than Krul, who can barely kick a ball.

'Excellent' and 'superb'. :lol: :lol:

I'd avoid all football shows and social media if you think my comments are OTT.

He's been our player of the season, no matter how small pathetic an award that may be.

How can you even say a goalkeeper has unequivocally been a side's player of the season, especially when that side are 19th in the table and have conceded the 2nd most goals in the league?

It's a completely baseless accolade that you could say for 4-5 other players if you were trying to big them up.

"Sissoko's been our player of the season, no matter how small pathetic an award that may be."

"Wijnaldum's been our player of the season, no matter how small pathetic an award that may be."

See, it means nothing.

There was a stage when I was bricking it every time he was in the team so it just shows how things can change. Darlow was thrown in at West Brom and was awful but he's guaranteed 8 games now regardless of how good or bad he is so hopefully with less pressure we'll get to

see the player the Forest fans were disappointed to be losing.

HA typical, another stupid tight arse decision backfires on the club again. As soon as Krul was crocked, they should have put the feelers out for a loan keeper in January.

When will they learn.

They tried but Enrique wouldn't come back.

HA typical, another stupid tight arse decision backfires on the club again. As soon as Krul was crocked, they should have put the feelers out for a loan keeper in January.

When will they learn.

:undecided:

:lol: :lol:

How can you even say a goalkeeper has unequivocally been a side's player of the season, especially when that side are 19th in the table and have conceded the 2nd most goals in the league?

It's a completely baseless accolade that you could say for 4-5 other players if you were trying to big them up.

"Sissoko's been our player of the season, no matter how small pathetic an award that may be."

"Wijnaldum's been our player of the season, no matter how small pathetic an award that may be."

See, it means nothing.

Pure nonsense. They will do a vote and he will win, unless we stay up.

Goals conceded = standard of goalkeeping is the most amateurish shite I've ever heard.

We have conceded so many goals because we have a shite team and an even worse defence.

If it wasn't for Elliot we would have zero away wins. He won us 6 points on his own, at least, at Bournemouth and Spurs.

He's been excellent and our lack of forward thinking will cost us.

When will they learn.

:lol:

nah

Who's had a better season?

Nee fucker because we have been awful in every other position.

Jamaat, Gini and Perez have had spells, that's it.

I'd go with Gini I guess? If it matters. He's showed that he can be a great player at times. Elliot has not. He's made bog standard PL saves.

See, it means nothing.

Goals conceded = standard of goalkeeping is the most amateurish shite I've ever heard.

We have conceded so many goals because we have a shite team and an even worse defence.

If it wasn't for Elliot we would have zero away wins. He won us 6 points on his own, at least, at Bournemouth and Spurs.

A vote? That changes everything like.

To suggest Elliot won us 6 points on his own is, as you say, the most amateurish shite I've ever heard. And again you can say the same about other players in other games (Perez for example in the exact 2 games you mentioned).

I think he's done a fair enough job in goal, certainly better than I thought he was capable of, but I find the praise he recieves for literally 'being a goalkeeper' absurd. People jizz over his Bournemouth performance but for all they botted us silly they were awful infront of goal. Him getting PotS is as baseless as giving it to the retired tea lady, he isn't good enough and it'll be madness if he's our number 1 next season.

The last GREAT GK performance we had over a course of a season was Krul in the 5th season; prior to that probably Shay during Bobby's reign.

Elliot has improved massively since coming into the team this year and he's been responsible for a few of the points we have amassed this year; but we're still 19th man. No player of the season at all for me, like anyone on the team. All have been shit overall.

See, it means nothing.

To suggest Elliot won us 6 points on his own is, as you say, the most amateurish shite I've ever heard. And again you can say the same about other players in other games (Perez for example in the exact 2 games you mentioned).

I think he's done a fair enough job in goal, certainly better than I thought he was capable of, but I find the praise he recieves for literally 'being a goalkeeper' absurd. People jizz over his Bournemouth performance but for all they botted us silly they were awful infront of goal. Him getting PotS is as baseless as giving it to the retired tea lady, he isn't good enough and it'll be madness if he's our number 1 next season.

"I don't care what anyone thinks, I still don't like him. He can make good saves, win us points, be our best player over the season but I don't care because I don't like him."

Like a big child man. He's been excellent for us, just get over it.

"Devastating news for @the_dilsh Football is cruel at times. Newcastle's best player this season by a mile. Wishing you a speedy recovery."

That's from our greatest ever player by the way. "Shit pundit anyway, man"

:lol:

Look, sometimes PoTY is because a player has been genuinely outstanding and a true game changer. Sometimes (this time) it's who has been least shit out of a bunch of shit players in a shit season and it's almost meaningless to pick between them. Might as well be Elliot tbh.

Honestly think it should just be skipped in the latter situations. Maybe give it to Armstrong for being a scoring machine :lol:

Is it all to do with the 'not liking him' shit?  Not to do with the fact, that he's a bang average keeper, who is slow off his line and who's distribution seems to get worse with every game?

He's alright.  No more, no less.  To call him player of the season, is a bit ridiculous.  Nobody has played well on a regular basis, so fuck knows who would win that award.  It's probably why we're utter shite and in 19th place. 

See, it means nothing.

"I don't care what anyone thinks, I still don't like him. He can make good saves, win us points, be our best player over the season but I don't care because I don't like him."

You're being absolutely pathetic man, a total cringe.

I disagree with you, I don't think he's been great for us by any means and I think some of his performances have been greatly exaggerated, you mentioning Spurs and Bournemouth just reinforces my opinion more as they're 2 of the games I can remember hearing he 'stole us points' but I honestly couldn't see it myself.

I don't like him granted, but then again I don't like Sissoko but I'd make the argument he's been more valuable for us this season than Rob Elliott, an easily replaceable Championship/lower-tier Premiership goalkeeper.

But aye, Rob Elliot being our best player this season is literally the only argument that can be made or something, well done on actually saying that.

See, it means nothing.

You're being absolutely pathetic man, a total cringe.

I disagree with you, I don't think he's been great for us by any means and I think some of his performances have been greatly exaggerated, you mentioning Spurs and Bournemouth just reinforce my opinion more as they're 2 of the games I can remember hearing he 'stole us points' but I honestly couldn't see it myself.

I don't like him granted, but then again I don't like Sissoko but I'd make the argument he's been more valuable for us this season than Rob Elliott, an easily replaceable Championship/lower-tier Premiership goalkeeper.

But aye, Rob Elliot being our best player this season is literally the only argument that can be made or something, well done on actually saying that.

:lol: Calm down man.

I'm not going to spend all day defending a player I don't particularly rate (I said he had an excellent season, not that he's a good player), even if you don't agree.

I'd suggest you watch those saves again. He made all the saves he could, in those games. Without him we would have never got back into the game.