Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I'm willing to give him some slack for it being a spiral of awfulness that was always going to swirl round this game. It didn't cost us which is lucky and largely I've been very happy with him as a backup this season. I hope this doesn't colour how he's perceived now, Krul's given away stupid pens in the past.

Guest firetotheworks

It was daft, but I think some have gone a bit OTT. I need to see it again to see if it was outside of the box, but it was certainly risky considering he was on a yellow already.

It was daft, but I think some have gone a bit OTT. I need to see it again to see if it was outside of the box, but it was certainly risky considering he was on a yellow already.

That's it.  Little to complain about his shot stopping but it was a complete rush of blood to the head when he'd already picked up a silly booking and hopefully he'll realise he was an idiot and learn from it.

That's it.  Little to complain about his shot stopping but it was a complete rush of blood to the head when he'd already picked up a silly booking and hopefully he'll realise he was an idiot and learn from it.

I haven't seen it again, but surely as the goalkeeper and the ball is in the box he's entitled to handle it. If he's managed to gather the ball, end up outside the box but with the ball still in the box then surely it's a great bit of goalkeeping? We can't have players allowing for poor refereeing in their decision making?

Did he kick the ball away deliberately or did he slice it? He seemed to be saying it was a mistake.

Given the clip of his distribution today I'd not be surprised if it was a mistake. Summed him up really.

Guest bimpy474

So, he's an idiot for not doing anything wrong for the 2nd booking? :lol:

Baffling isn't it :lol:

So, he's an idiot for not doing anything wrong for the 2nd booking? :lol:

Baffling isn't it :lol:

May have been in/out but he gave the officials a decision to make when he could've put it in the stand. Much like numerous of our other reds this season, totally avoidable (Tiote and Colo spring to mind).

I'm sure you'd be saying that if they'd scored twice with arthritis lad in net.

He can dive and kick it. Apart from that he's a woeful keeper. Probably the best we're gonna do for 2nd choice with these corner-cutting cunts, sadly.

I'm sure you'd be saying that if they'd scored twice with arthritis lad in net.

He can dive and kick it. Apart from that he's a woeful keeper. Probably the best we're gonna do for 2nd choice with these corner-cutting cunts, sadly.

He isn't woeful. I can understand the view that some think he's not adequate or whatever but saying he's woeful is completely excessive.

Paulo Gazzaniga, Massimo Taibi, Tony Warner, Colin Doyle, Nico Vaesen... these are examples of what I'd say are 'woeful' PL keepers from over the years. Elliot is nowhere near as bad.

Guest fraser

Sorry if already dealt with but I can't remember the last time that I saw a keeper sent off for two yellows in the Premier League. Is it as rare an occurrence as I imagine it to be?