Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Guest bimpy474

Ron is like Sgt. Foley from An Officer and A Gentleman.  :laugh:

Harsh, bro. Let's just keep things in perspective: Krul's the Dutch no.1. Elliott has looked an adequate PL sub.

You're one hard man to please my friend. Having high standards is not such a bad thing mind ;)

Will be catching up with Krul on the clean sheets soon :D

For some reason I thought he was 5ft 10 and could never work out how he still managed to look so tall. Finally Wiki'd him :okay:

Love his distribution. Always getting it out as quick as possible and even though they didn't come off tonight his long throws were unlucky not to create quality breaks.

I dunno if it's cos I've had seven pints, but I swear that free kick near the end he saved with his forearm? Everywhere that's done a match report keeps saying it hit the bar...

I thought he'd saved it.

If it didn't hit the bar I think he would have saved it. He was right there. He's pretty spot on at saving anything outside or around the 18 yard box. Krul has him covered with the insane reflex shots/hiders inside the box. Still he's a pretty handy backup keeper, plus he's a top bloke.

He's done a decent job in this run of games.  His distribution has been good and I can't remember him making any real howlers.  Seems a huge difference from his first few games for us when he looked nowhere near our standard.

Nice to have a capable backup keeper who also seems to be happy enough to play second fiddle to Krul.  Bit of a Harper/Given situation again although I do think the difference in ability between Krul and Elliot is bigger than Shay and Harper was.

Love his quick, flat distribution.  Looks to play it short, has a hell of a throw on him and his kicking is usually pretty accurate.

Aye. Krul's distribution has been fucking awful at times.

Rob's done really well since he came in, hasn't let anyone down at all.

Very pleased for him. Didn't know much about him at all, but he's turned out to be very solid and reliable and has made some excellent saves.

Aye i'm loving the rapid, low throw to the halfway line. It's much more accurate than kicking, and i think we need to work on it more. Krul too for that matter.

Imagine hoying them out regularly to Gouffran and Ben Arfa when he's fit. Or the pace we have in Campbell. Jesus imagine Obertan wasn't such a shithouse / didn't have the touch of Jimmy Saville, he'd be lethal running onto those throws.