Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Happening again. More people complaining about people complaining, than there really is people complaining.

I'll bite then...

How much are we wasting on this ginger c***?

words f***ing fail me

I just said a few hours ago that if we spend ANYTHING on a new GK then it would be the most pointless signing ever, and here you go.

W. T. F. ?!?!?!?!

Is he actually going to play LB?

We have three good goalkeepers. Whyyyyyyyy?!?!

All well and good until Krul gets injured and then we've got a f***ing League One player in goal.

And he's a ginger.

Wonderful.

Are we seriously going to hand one of our 25 squad places to a league 1 goalkeeper?

Maybe because atm it's not the most important department we need.

And if free's/wages were included in the £35mil, we've spent more of it.

Just seems it's a pointless signing (or a 'job for the boys' considering he's our current GK coachs' mate)

Guest hobshobs

It's one thing opening your mouth when your doing it on the park week in week out. Nolan wasn't, Harper wasn't, Smith wasn't. Not quite the big boys they thought they were.

Guest hobshobs

Think its a tad unfair to treat Harper like that after the years of service he's given, if you don't want him to play a role this season then sell him and let him go somewhere where he can. (and free up those valuable wages  :fwap: )

I guarantee you Harper won't go unless it's somewhere reasonably local. Been in the comfort zone for years. Similar to Shola really. In all honesty who would buy Harper for a half decent amount. Loan possibly but that's about it.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

:lol: I just don't understand this at all. I can't wrap my head around it. We need a left back and a striker before the derby... I know, lets sign a goalie.

I'm not even pissed off any more, I'm just laughing at it all now.  :lol:

It's not like signing Elliot will suddenly wipe out our interest in other players you know.

Think its a tad unfair to treat Harper like that after the years of service he's given, if you don't want him to play a role this season then sell him and let him go somewhere where he can. (and free up those valuable wages  :fwap: )

I guarantee you Harper won't go unless it's somewhere reasonably local. Been in the comfort zone for years. Similar to Shola really. In all honesty who would buy Harper for a half decent amount. Loan possibly but that's about it.

I think he'll get a few offers actually.

:lol: I just don't understand this at all. I can't wrap my head around it. We need a left back and a striker before the derby... I know, lets sign a goalie.

I'm not even p*ssed off any more, I'm just laughing at it all now.  :lol:

It's not like signing Elliot will suddenly wipe out our interest in other players you know.

But it is like signing Elliot could waste valuable time, the one thing we certainly don't have in abundance before the next game, which I don't know if you've noticed is a rather important one. Surely this could have waited till after the derby, with all our efforts focused on bringing in the all-important left back and striker that we absolutely need before the match?

He was great in the Championship and for the early part of last season but was showing significant signs of decline when he got injured. Haven't seen him recently enough to determine where he's at right now.

Given how things are going, I assume the club don't like what they see.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm not even p*ssed off any more, I'm just laughing at it all now.  :lol:

But it is like signing Elliot could waste valuable time, the one thing we certainly don't have in abundance before the next game, which I don't know if you've noticed is a rather important one. Surely this could have waited till after the derby, with all our efforts focused on bringing in the all-important left back and striker that we absolutely need before the match?

Not sure it wastes any time. It's not impossible to negotiate on multiple deals at one time.

Happening again. More people complaining about people complaining, than there really is people complaining.

it's bad enough we have people complaining about others complaining. But when we have people complaining about people who complain about others complaining, then what's so much to fuss about complaining in the first place? The blame lies on the the 2nd person who complained.. :snod: