Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

This is it with me and this forum like, people are just a bunch of whinging, negative bastards no matter what, sucking the joy out of coming on here and supporting the club.

If people can't see this is just our new Perez, Karelse & Caig type keeper, basically a senior goalkeeper on the books in case there's an injury to Harper or Krul who can step up to the bench, they want shot tbh. Said a few hours ago I hoped any keeper we signed was a random back-up keeper rather than someone like Green who'd have been signed to be number 1, and here it is.

But fuck me, this thread has summed up the forum for me, just fuck off.

See you then.

My anger is based on the impending sale of Harper.

If that doesn't happen, I won't give a shit about Ginger Nuts.

I came on here on the off chance that a left back was signed since I last checked at 4 o'clock, and I find this.

Never heard of him, but we need 3 keepers and seeing as Forster has gone out on loan I don't see the problem with this signing.

I'd much preferred we kept Fraser Forster who, to me, has proved himself a decent keeper despite a couple of hiccups pre-season but good luck to this kid. Needs to lose the lower league haircut though.

Interesting to here whats going on with Harper mind bearing in mind Caulkins comments earlier.

On Forster, looks like its both he wants to play 1st team football and after looking at him in pre season Pardew decided that Krul is the one he wants to use. It was inevitable one of Forster or Krul would go, no way would either one of them been happy to just sit on the bench.

As for Harper god knows, would have been happy enough to leave him as the backup unless what injury's he's had in the last year have taken their toll on his ability  :dontknow:

Don't have an issue with this

Forster has gone, Harper is ancient and probably has injury problems so it makes sense

BUT obviously people are going to be pissed off because right now we a left back and striker are a MUST

Aside from the apparent 'fact' that Harper isn't actually injured at all, this post is spot on. It's really not hard to work out.

I find it quite amusing rather than annoying btw. We're laughably clueless. :lol:

I'd much preferred we kept Fraser Forster who, to me, has proved himself a decent keeper despite a couple of hiccups pre-season but good luck to this kid. Needs to lose the lower league haircut though.

Interesting to here whats going on with Harper mind bearing in mind Caulkins comments earlier.

On Forster, looks like its both he wants to play 1st team football and after looking at him in pre season Pardew decided that Krul is the one he wants to use. It was inevitable one of Forster or Krul would go, no way would either one of them been happy to just sit on the bench.

As for Harper god knows, would have been happy enough to leave him as the backup unless what injury's he's had in the last year have taken their toll on his ability  :dontknow:

As I've said, make him hand in a transfer request then. They did it with others so why not him. Just seems odd IMO. Personally I reckon he'll be a decent keeper too & good luck to him.

RE all the kicking off: The speed this has gone through compared to the dallying elsewhere hasn't exactly helped. I'm not pro/con this lad coming in either way btw, much like most of the people we're linked with these days I've not heard of him, but seeing as how we've done this properly - one in, one out compared to the fucking about in other positions is obviously going to grind a few gears.

Erm, may be out of touch here...but Forster hasn't been sold has he?

"A year-long loan from Newcastle United, subject to final registration, with Celtic having an option to buy the player." - Celtic FC.

Think that's him as good as gone tbh.

Erm, may be out of touch here...but Forster hasn't been sold has he?

"A year-long loan from Newcastle United, subject to final registration, with Celtic having an option to buy the player." - Celtic FC.

:thup:

Cheers, was always expected IMO.

It's like the Obertan thread all over again.

People just saying he is s*** based on nowt.

And he is clearly a backup anyway. We go down to ten-men in a Premier League game, I'd much sooner someone with experience come in for half an hour than say Soderberg or Alnwick this season. It's just pathetic man. No way were Forster or Harper going to sit here as 3rd choice when even 2nd choice is probably not good enough for them, so we needed a new keeper in the squad.

And he is clearly a backup anyway. We go down to ten-men in a Premier League game, I'd much sooner someone with experience come in for half an hour than say Soderberg or Alnwick this season. It's just pathetic man. No way were Forster or Harper going to sit here as 3rd choice when even 2nd choice is probably not good enough for them, so we needed a new keeper in the squad.

Who said he is shit?

Where did I imply this?

I'm talking about people whinging about this signing when we obviously needed another keeper in the squad with Forster out now.

Do you think we'll need another one if Harper leaves?

Where did I imply this?

I'm talking about people whinging about this signing when we obviously needed another keeper in the squad with Forster out now.

By quoting a post where that was the only point.

Who said he is shit?

I have seen quite a few "Charlton reserves" "some fucker from divison 3" comments, might not be saying the words "he is shit" but I think it's fair to say they aren't thinking "well yeah, he might be alright actually".

Who said he is shit?

I have seen quite a few "Charlton reserves" "some fucker from divison 3" comments, might not be saying the words "he is shit" but I think it's fair to say they aren't thinking "well yeah, he might be alright actually".

That was Lee Ryder tbf.

Who said he is shit?

Think it's more who he isn't, tbh.