Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

People are kicking off because you're signing a back-up keeper?

Nice.

You stay out of this, you will never understand.

If that was an Everton we-have-no-money-to-sign-anyone swipe, then I LOL'd, I proper did like.

Were the Everton forums in meltdown when you got Carlo Nash as backup? :lol:

Honestly, we just laughed. :lol:

He's played one match in two seasons. He knew his role, similarly I'd imagine Elliot does knowing we've got Krul & Harper here.

Yep.

I'm really not sure what there is to say about this transfer. :lol:

You've got a backup keeper in. No "get in!", no "he's shite", just, yeah, someone in. Let's hope you get the left back and striker in you really could do with, hunts for which will IMO have nothing to do with this.

So we're signing this lad as back up? Would much rather have Harper as 2nd choice tbh (due to his experience and all that).

We were in a position where we had 3 keepers thinking they're number 1s. That's never going to end well tbf.

True....

Expected the legend left back of Robbie Elliott to be getting a coach's/manager's job, and praying we weren't signing him for left back. safe to say, it was even more underwhelming than I imagined.

Expected the legend left back of Robbie Elliott to be getting a coach's/manager's job, and praying we weren't signing him for left back. safe to say, it was even more underwhelming than I imagined.

Same here.

so has anyone actually seen him play?

He's f***ing s***, plays in league one and that.

Can't even get a game but in the three games that Charlton played this season where he was playing he was awful.

It was said Dave

Hmmm.

This is it with me and this forum like, people are just a bunch of whinging, negative bastards no matter what, sucking the joy out of coming on here and supporting the club.

If people can't see this is just our new Perez, Karelse & Caig type keeper, basically a senior goalkeeper on the books in case there's an injury to Harper or Krul who can step up to the bench, they want shot tbh. Said a few hours ago I hoped any keeper we signed was a random back-up keeper rather than someone like Green who'd have been signed to be number 1, and here it is.

But f*** me, this thread has summed up the forum for me, just f*** off.

You fuck off tbh. Can't be talking too much sense around here  :razz:

No need for you to pay any mind to the numpties man. People overreact out of boredom and stupidity. Let it go.

I imagine there's been a sit down with Forster at some point.

"Fraser, we'd like you to stay and compete for the shirt but for now Tim is first choice."

"Eh Gaffer, I'd rather go back to Celtic then."

"Fair enough, call in that other guy.'

Krul - 1st Choice

Forster - not willing to stay as backup

Harper - done

Elliot - backup

Soderberg, Alnwick - the new "Krul and Forster"

Makes sense for me.

Nice.

If that was an Everton we-have-no-money-to-sign-anyone swipe, then I LOL'd, I proper did like.

Which is what we should be doing.

Teams need 3 keepers. It's easy to say 'but we have Harper', however he showed he was on a downhill spiral last year and he's probably even worse now.

I mean, it's fucking annoying because despite being desperate for a LB and a ST, we haven't managed to sign one and a keeper isn't that high on the priority list and we've managed to sign one straight away, but whatever.

Nice.

So would you prefer us to just go into the season with only Krul & Harper as our two senior keepers again? Given how many injuries Harper has picked up over the last year that wouldn't sit right with me one bit.

Nice.

So would you prefer us to just go into the season with only Krul & Harper as our two senior keepers again? Given how many injuries Harper has picked up over the last year that wouldn't sit right with me one bit.

How about just having Soderberg as our 3rd goalie? Tbh I rather see us getting a left back and a striker before a 3rd goalie.

At the moment, we've got:

Krul

(Forster)

Harper

Soderberg

Alnwick

When this lad joins us (never seen him play), presumably he'll slot in under Krul/Harper.

If we want Forster or Krul to develop into their potential, then they have to be playing regularly now that they've both had regular football in the past two seasons and Krul is in and around the senior Dutch squad.

We said at the end of last season that we didn't envisage having both Forster an Krul in the squad come Sep 1st. Why the sudden outrage that he's been allowed to go back to Celtic on loan?

Harper - allegedly - is kicking up a fuss about being second choice, so there's a chance he wants to leave. If that's the case, he'll need to submit a transfer request OR the club can take into account his "years of loyal service" and find him a suitable transfer with another team.

Irrespective of whether he leaves or not, he's missed a fair chunk of last season with injury, his reactions aren't getting any quicker so there's already potential scenario where he isn't suitable to be on the bench.

Complaining that the deal has been done quickly? :lol: This is a lad who is costing buttons, knows the manager and the GK Coach from his current club and presumably won't be sold a lie (like Cabaye has [/Wullie]).

This thread is filled with ridiculous complaints.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Probably a sensible decision in all honesty. Harper's had a lot of issues with injuries since last year, Soderberg is not ready.

Happening again. More people complaining about people complaining, than there really is people complaining.

Does it not say something about the initial complaints are so ludicrous people will complain so much about them? :lol: