Sunderland 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Thoughts so far -

Sessegnon has been the best player on the pitch.

Colback and Cattermole have also had decent games for them.

Obertan has looked invisible.

We're playing far too much long ball with just Shola up front.

Tiote has given the ball away far too many times in the centre of the park.

Ryan Taylor makes me shit myself a little everytime they attack on his side.

Larsson and Webb are both cunts.

Pretty much this.

Is Obertan meant to be playing wide right or off Shola's shoulder?  Considering his pace it's bizarre that we've not pushed him much further up to pick up those long balls.

is obertan on the pitch?

think cheik has put us under real pressure a couple of times.

Tiote is blatantly off the pace, was the same against Arsenal. No surprise really considering the visa farce.

Guest bimpy474

Seriously, what is this utter bullshit?  The team setup is awful. Barton in the middle? f*** off man.

It's what happens when you have a no-mark manager like Pardew in charge. Give this same group of players to someone who can actually coach, like Keegan, and we'd be confidently knocking the ball around on the deck with players moving into space/showing for the ball.

What like we did at Sunderland last season, Pardew was in charge then.

Seriously, what is this utter bullshit?  The team setup is awful. Barton in the middle? f*** off man.

It's what happens when you have a no-mark manager like Pardew in charge. Give this same group of players to someone who can actually coach, like Keegan, and we'd be confidently knocking the ball around on the deck with players moving into space/showing for the ball.

:mackems: :troll:

Half Time team talk will be a sign or AP's managements skills.

Holes in our defense and theirs are so obvious. Easily rectified if he knows what to say.

We're in the shit if we're relying on input from Pardew.

Think Cabaye can't play that 'Nolan role' he's doing at the moment tbh. Should play CM, with Barton on the right and Obertan behind Shola.

Don't think Cabaye is playing the Nolan role tbh. 

He's playing offensive midfield. Should play central mid, though.

Holes in our defense and theirs are so obvious. Easily rectified if he knows what to say.

We're in the shit if we're relying on input from Pardew.

Arsenal 4-4 half time talk?

Guest CheickMansour

Think Cabaye can't play that 'Nolan role' he's doing at the moment tbh. Should play CM, with Barton on the right and Obertan behind Shola.

We don't move the ball fast enough - they're pressuring high up the pitch and our defenders and midfielders are passing it slowly and moving slower still.  We've got to find someone to better link the play and move off the ball to open space - they are finding it too easy to force us into aimless long ball hoofs to Shola and/or bad passes.  Tiote's been caught in possession a few times, given it away a few times - there's no link play to speak of. 

The formation is pretty strange, like. I'm not sure what we're doing with Cabaye that far forward, but I did suspect that may be in Pardew's mind today.

If it was me choosing I'd sling Obertan off at HT or push him up off Ameobi for a spell. Would replace him with Marveaux if he's got 45 minutes in him and tell him to try and do what Sessegnon has been for them - don't worry too much about dropping in, but try and find space so we've got some kind of out-ball this half.

Shola has done well enough, barring his usual few frustrating touches. He'll be paggered by 60-70 minutes and I expect that's when we'll see Dem Baa Baa.

We're in the s*** if we're relying on input from Pardew.

Every single thread.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Get over the hand ball lads it's in the past and that's football anyway sh*T like that happens every team. Focus on hoping and praying we can win the 2nd half.