Sunderland 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Guest michaelfoster

Imagine if after Bruce gets the sack comes out and said it was his plan all along to loose to us cause he's a geordie. Sunderland would implode :D

Guest johnson293

Tim Krul is developing into a top class goalkeeper! Not sure if it was Souness who was responsible for bringing him to the club - but credit where it's due

Aye, it was Sourness in 2005, according to NUFC.com

Dear me..It's when you see Cattermole's tackle from behind that you see how close he was from eliminating Jonas for the rest of the season..A proper scissor tackle..Luckily Jonas lifted his foot just in time. That saved him from a horrendous leg break..Cattermole is  a butcher, not a footballer..Fucking disgrace!!!And Webb, a joke of a referee!!!

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9209/poorjonas.jpg

Guest Wearside

Well done gents.

First half was the most dominant I've ever seen Sunderland against Newcastle in my lifetime, even with Tiote practically playing as a third centre half you couldn't handle Sessegnon and he ran the show. We had numerous chances and 5 or 6 great balls into the box but when you have a fat knacker(like I said last week) like Gyan who is so overweight, he couldn't get on the end of them, then you are going to pay for it.

Second half we were shocking and never created anything of note but fair play to Pardew for changing his system and moving Tiote from deep and actually trying to do something more than just try and contain Sunderland, like he did first half and it worked. In truth the only way Newcastle were going to score was via a corner or set-piece, your attacking from open play was virtually non-existent but very dangerous on set-pieces. Great free-kick for the goal but a goalkeeping error from Sunderland's point of view. After the goal we created nothing and Bruce's decision to take off Larsson, our best player bar Sessegnon and have 4 forwards up front with nobody to supply them can only be described as bizarre, the bloke is tactically clueless. Sessegnon man of the match and head and shoulders better than anyone else on the pitch and I guarantee he will not be a Sunderland player this time next year, far too good for us.

Larsson should have gone and also should have been a penalty, no doubt about it. No complaints about Bardsley being sent off, shocking tackle. Cattermole and Cabaye should also have seen reds for shocking tackles and on another day would have.

Ok this is a Newcastle forum so here is my honest views based on yesterday, no doubt it will upset some people but hey-ho.

Krul - Done what he had to do well and looked comfortable with whatever he had to deal with, claimed a few good crosses.

Simpson - Average, got forward a few times second half.

Coloccini - Your best player, dealt with an overweight Gyan well.

Taylor - Always a threat on set-pieces.

Taylor - Great free-kick and a relatively easy afternoon against a shocking Elmohamady.

Barton - Over-ran by Sunderland first half, better second, wasn't really that impressed with him.

Cabaye - Should have seen red after a horrific tackle on Bardsley, was supposed to playing in a dvanced role but other than a shot straight at Mignolet, created nothing.

Tiote - Played virtually as a 3rd centre half first half to try and contain Sessegnon which failed, much better second half when you changed the system.

Guitterez - Played virtually as a left back first half, won a lot of free-kicks and goes down very easily.

Obertan - Honesty forget he was playing, shocking and never in the game at all.

Ameobi - Done well against Ferdinand in the 2nd half and held it up well.

Newcastle created nothing in open play and could have still be playing now and not have scored in open play. Obertan might aswell not have been playing and other than Cabaye testing Mignolet, your attacking play was non-existent. You were however a major threat from set-pieces and you looked like you were going to score everytime you had one.

In summary, I think it was the right result as Larsson should have been off and a penalty awarded after 15 minutes and when you take take your chances you don't deserve to win games, that's football.

I await the abuse. :)

"First half was the most dominant I've ever seen Sunderland against Newcastle in my lifetime"

Krul had two (fairly comfortable) saves to make in 90 minutes :lol:

Still doesn't make him wrong, amazingly. :lol:

Sunderland are, and have always been, absolute shite.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I wish for once they would show just an ounce of humility.

''Newcastle were better today, we were outplayed and lucky not to be torn to shreds as we should have been down to 10 men after 10 minutes, I'll take 1-0''

Instead of

''The were so amazingly lucky it defies logic we should have won 4-0 and they should have been down 9 men and we should have had a penalty and we are going to finish about them because they are well shit and we are mint blah blah blah blah blah'

Krul 7 - Not really tested too much but did everything asked of him

Simpson 5 -Alright but got caught out of position a few times, particularly in the first half

Colo 9 - Sexual

Taylor 7 - Solid, but you always feel like he's going to make a mistake

Taylor 6 - Crap footballer but can't be too harsh on him, grabbing the match winner and all

Barton 5 - Thought he was pretty poor myself, completely overran in the first half and misplaced the ball a few too many times

Tiote 6 - While his passing was crap I thought his challanging and interceptions were top draw

Cabaye 7 - Got stuck in and distriubuted the ball well, impressive

Jonas 8 - Worked his socks off going forward and tracking back

Obertan 5 - Looked good in flashes but thought heh bottled it on the whole, disappointing

Shola 5 - Vintage Shola

Subs weren't on long enough to judge although Gosling should of scored.

Guest johnson293

However humble he may seem, theres still an undercurrent of sly WUM in there, such as this...

Coloccini - Your best player, dealt with an overweight Gyan well.

:facepalm:

He's back!!!

Yep, and a bit more humble this time. :smug:

It will pass.  He'll be back to his usual mongy self in a fortnight.

Cabaye - Should have seen red after a horrific tackle on Bardsley, was supposed to playing in a dvanced role but other than a shot straight at Mignolet, created nothing.

Apart from putting the cross in where we should have had a penalty that is?

More horseshit from Wearside I see. No class, no dignity, no clue, what a wanker.

I think he's made some valid points, plus at least he's come back on here when he k nows he's going to get a tirade of abuse.

Sessegnon is their best player by a mile and I'd definitely have him in an NUFC shirt, but he's slowly becoming as overrated as Gyan was at the start of last season. He's lots of  hot-air with little actual punch.

Still, he was the one player that actually scared me when he got on the ball for them.