The Steve Bruce Appreciation thread

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest ykmkmdd

He'll get it if they lose to Swansea.

Nah, they'll wait till Chelsea hand them their arses next week before pulling the trigger I reckon.

there all t**ts to be fair. Although i disagree about martinez seems fairly decent and geniune. Different league to allardyce etc

agreed re Martinez

though I quite cheerfully throw Bruce in with the rest of those cunts

Could have hours of fun with this thread come next May.

What are your thoughts on Bruce as a whole? Do you not think he's cracking up a bit with his comments post-Newcastle and post-Brighton?

Feel sorry for the guy, you can call him a lesbian and take the piss out of his deflatable face but he's a decent enough guy. Much prefer him as a character over Kean, Allardyce, Dalglish, Martinez, Pulis

Fuck off is he.  He's a potato headed wanker who's dying to get one over on us.

Choosing songs and celebrations weeks in advance.  Longing for the day he can rejoice with them inbred cunts in celebration of beating the team whose shadow they'll forever be in.

Guest BooBoo

Just watching that video, the support by SAFC that famous day on the biggest day was nothing short of a disgrace.

In the future we'll win and lose derbies but I'm sure there'll never be that collective cowardice shown by the mackems that day. Fucking cowards hiding in the stand or even worse running away at half time. They'll never live that down. I've been there when you get beat and you just have to suck it up. Any myth that they're a hardcore support was completely torpedoed on 31/10/10.

Sunlun till half time!

I agree. High levels of hubris going on. I can still see us sinking like a stone down the table.

I'll bet you had us nailed on for defeat against the mackems too.

Guest Wearside

What are your thoughts on Bruce as a whole? Do you not think he's cracking up a bit with his comments post-Newcastle and post-Brighton?

I'm not a Bruce fan, never have been and if you are really bored go back and look through the Sunderland thread and you will find I wanted him sacked from about March onwards.

I'm amazed he is still here but their you go, that's Quinn for you, too loyal and Bruce will never be sacked by Quinn so I can just hope he walks, however with the contract he has, that will not happen.

At any other club in the country Bruce would have been long gone, 9 defeats in last 11 home games, 11 points from last 16 games, 7 home points since January, it's shocking stats but like I say, he will never be sacked by Quinn, just have to grin and bare it.

He will just buy his way out of the mess we are in, probably end up mid-table again and everyone will think it's all rosy, then just repeat season after season.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Mid table if you're lucky.

What makes you think your deserve more? Championship club tbh, always have been.

trolling

Guest Wearside

Mid table if you're lucky.

What makes you think your deserve more? Championship club tbh, always have been.

trolling

Newcastle fans seem to think because they get big attendances that they have a devine right to success so know reason to think a club that averages 40k a season doesn't deserve similar.

Oh and I spotted your white text.  ;D

Guest Haris Vuckic

Sunderland are a silly club because the place is classless. You'll never escape that, I've had a fucking nightmare today so I'm not even having a go.

Seriously it's 30 years in the past, you may as well be still in your mining uniforms.

I'm not a Bruce fan, never have been and if you are really bored go back and look through the Sunderland thread and you will find I wanted him sacked from about March onwards.

I'm amazed he is still here but their you go, that's Quinn for you, too loyal and Bruce will never be sacked by Quinn so I can just hope he walks, however with the contract he has, that will not happen.

At any other club in the country Bruce would have been long gone, 9 defeats in last 11 home games, 11 points from last 16 games, 7 home points since January, it's shocking stats but like I say, he will never be sacked by Quinn, just have to grin and bare it.

He will just buy his way out of the mess we are in, probably end up mid-table again and everyone will think it's all rosy, then just repeat season after season.

These views do not surprise me at all. Do you all not think this about Bruce?

He should be long gone IMO.

Guest Wearside

These views do not surprise me at all. Do you all not think this about Bruce?

He should be long gone IMO.

Nope, a lot of people still think the sun shines out of Bruce's a***, all pointing out the "3rd best finish in 50 years". In hindsight us finishing 10th is the worst thing that could have happened, we could easily have finished 12/13th on that last day and while you lot will snigger, finishing above Newcastle was a big thing in a lot of peoples minds.

Put it this way, I guarantee if Newcastle had lost 9 out of the last 11 home games your manager would have been hounded out by now, Quinn is too soft and maybe the fans are too, just accepting mediocrity.

Guest Wearside

How long is left on his contract?

Signed a new 3 year contract in about Febuary, so about two and a half years.