The striker

Dave

I'm tempted to throw Bendtner in there as well but I would prefer to sign a mobile striker. I'm prepared to believe that Ba will come good when we play proper football instead of launching the ball at him aerially from deep.

I have not a clue, although hopefully its a striker of a high calibre and not someone like David N'Gog on loan.

The bottom line is that this club should be striving to compete in Europe again, not sell all its best players and bring in mediocre replacements whilst languishing in lower mid-table with a wafer thin squad.

Definitely somebody with a bit of pace and movement - ie so we'll be encouraged to play the ball on the deck rather than persist with this long ball shite that we've been playing.

Yeah, I'd tend to agree that someone with pace and movement is desirable up front. As opposed to someone without...

http://centralresa.villasdumonde.fr/imagesUP/news/243/Standing-Stones-of-Carnac,-.jpg

This guy's French. Bit more mobile than Demba Ba and all, like...

Guest Brazilianbob

What worries me most is the fact that Ba scored  most of his goals at WHam when he was partnered by Carlton Cole.  It will come as no surprise to me if we sign Cole on deadline day ( if we dont get anyone else in beforehand).  Parsnip seems to place high emphasis on signing players he has worked with before or are at clubs where he previously managed and has contacts, hence Elliot at Charlton and Ba from WHam.

What worries me most is the fact that Ba scored  most of his goals at WHam when he was partnered by Carlton Cole.  It will come as no surprise to me if we sign Cole on deadline day ( if we dont get anyone else in beforehand).  Parsnip seems to place high emphasis on signing players he has worked with before or are at clubs where he previously managed and has contacts, hence Elliot at Charlton and Ba from WHam.

So we have Elliot, who only really knows Woodman, and Ba who has been at the hammers a few months under a completely different regime to the one Pardew worked under?

That's a hell of a stretch saying he places high emphasis on signing players he has worked with before or are at clubs where he previously managed tbf.

What worries me most is the fact that Ba scored  most of his goals at WHam when he was partnered by Carlton Cole.  It will come as no surprise to me if we sign Cole on deadline day ( if we dont get anyone else in beforehand).  Parsnip seems to place high emphasis on signing players he has worked with before or are at clubs where he previously managed and has contacts, hence Elliot at Charlton and Ba from WHam.

Pardew won't be allowed to sign Cole by the board. No way will they sanction a move for an overpriced over the hill player.

Pardew won't be allowed to sign Cole by the board. No way will they sanction a move for an overpriced over the hill player.

not sure i'd call Cole an over the hill player more never got up the hill in the first place

Wont get anyone in permanently, a loan for the season i think.

Looking that way with the Roux link being put into doubt. We'll have to come up with the money for Maiga or bust IMO.

More chance of signing Baloo ffs.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SOdZ7K7jo9Y/S2NTS6_ruLI/AAAAAAAAAoc/Agln93Rc0pU/s400/Baloo+the+Bear.jpg ???? Well he's got some height I suppose

Aye he's got the bare necessities that you need to make it as a striker.

:coat:

The policy of brinkmanship isn't going to land us the likes of Maiga or any other important first team striker as their clubs will have no time to get in replacements. We'll have to cough up the money required or go for players who are surplus to their clubs like Bendtner. Another reason why I believe we'll not be getting the striker in.