Newcastle United 2 - 1 Fulham - 28/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 48

Dave

Ok half, we looked very slow and took us time to get off but once we did we were all over them, frustrated with Lovenkrands as he's not giving the midfielders and options, at times we took too much time on the ball instead of being more direct in the final third. on the bright side our defenders looked very solid.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

the co-commentator is off to slit his wrists and listen to Radiohead.

;D

"Y U NO JUST RELEASE OK COMPUTER AGAIN!"

"Just repackage it and get it in the box."

"Just push it forward."

Taylor is a legend. Can't believe how much confidence he has at the moment.

I hate to say it, but, tbf, I've not been overly sickened by the sight of him today.

Have a word with yourself wormy. This isn't Lovenkrands we're talking about.

Slightly better as the game went on. What's up with Obertan? Missed several uppertunities to cross and pass the ball.

Our ST is a problem, but we get chances if we concentrate on getting the ball in the box rather than play through mid.

I tuned in at about 20 minutes, its been all us tbh, Fulham have the Bus parked..

The previous 20mins were pretty much the opposite.

Took me a while to "get settled in my seat" so missed the first 20, just as well by the sound of things :)

Not worried about our slow start to games at the mo. We had such a disrupted pre-season it's bound to take a few games before we get into some sort of stride.

We DESPERATELY need players, however. They want fucking shooting with shit if we've not managed a LB and striker by Wednesday.

Started shit but have started to improve. Tiote isn't an attacking playmaker, he needs to do like last year just sit in front of the defenders. It looks as if many of our players isn't fit for the season yet. Løvenkrands and Best is not playing football, they are playing offside. Løvenkrands has been almost invisible, hope we put in Ameobi or Vuckic instead of him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Who is that commentator? There was a ten minute period where he just kept saying to put the ball in the box :lol:

Garry Birtles. Formerly of Forest. He has a goalscoring record that would make Shola ashamed.

Starts to make sense now. Probably spent most of his career thinking...

"Just get it into the box, let me do my thing."

"JUST GET IT FORWARD!"

Really need to get in a striker who actually does something on the pitch...so bored of these guys jogging around and generally looking as lazy as they get(All Ba, Best and Shola)! Loven is made of something different but League 2 would be his real level at the moment!

I guess Nolan Roux would fit the role pretty good. Really need some pace up front!