Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Was there a particular reason there was "zero chance" of him going to Roma? I'd reckon that would count for Juve as well.

Roma has Josè Angel and Heinze as LB, Juve has only De Ceglie, since also Grosso seems out of the squad definitely

Think you need to take the other side into consideration as well.

Liechsteiner is their RB, Motta back-up. Chiellini can play there too.

Edit: Young Sorensen too.

Guest ShearerWHC

Was there a particular reason there was "zero chance" of him going to Roma? I'd reckon that would count for Juve as well.

Roma has Josè Angel and Heinze as LB, Juve has only De Ceglie, since also Grosso seems out of the squad definitely

Think you need to take the other side into consideration as well.

Sure.

But if Santon is smart he'll come to Newcastle, the only chance for him to grow is to go away from Italy and try to learn something new.

Of course for a young italian player it's hard to refuse Juve

If we get him in it's about the only circumstance I'd be happy to see Wayne Bridge arrive on a loan. Santon RB and Bridge LB - sorted. I like the idea of Ferguson there as well but I don't want to have only one LB, that too an untested youngster.

If we get him in it's about the only circumstance I'd be happy to see Wayne Bridge arrive on a loan. Santon RB and Bridge LB - sorted. I like the idea of Ferguson there as well but I don't want to have only one LB, that too an untested youngster.

Aye, not a bad shout in theory. My concern would be whether we're guaranteeing Bridge anything, if he's coming here prepared to try and win a spot on merit that'd be alright with me. Wouldn't want us making any guarantees to him, but I'd have him in to compete for a spot for the youngsters.

If he kicks up any fuss, we'll set Pardew on his lass...

http://i.imgur.com/bcxRe.png

Apparently Sky Sport 24 (Italy) are saying he's arriving for a medical and signing tomorrow.

According to a few people on Twitter.

Is that arriving for a medical today and signing tomorrow, or both tomorrow?

He's coming tomorrow but tomorrow he'll be having the medical and then come tomorrow it will be tomorrow when he actually puts pen to paper, from tomorrow that is.

Aye, not a bad shout in theory. My concern would be whether we're guaranteeing Bridge anything, if he's coming here prepared to try and win a spot on merit that'd be alright with me. Wouldn't want us making any guarantees to him, but I'd have him in to compete for a spot for the youngsters.

If he kicks up any fuss, we'll set Pardew on his lass...

http://i.imgur.com/bcxRe.png

I doubt we'll get anybody else in if we do sign Santon tbh. It just seems a bit strange to buy a 20 year old right footed player to play at left back. Think I would have preferred Pieters or Cissokho if I'm honest.

Guest Heneage

I can't see Inter giving him to a rival in Italy, similar to the way Man City wouldn't give Bellamy to Spurs a few years back.

It's moments like this I wish I had Sky Italia.

Wow, I've heard of this guy - he was an integral part of my QPR Champions League winning side on FM09.  That article about him's quite interesting like, sounds like he's been under a lot of pressure in Italy and he's still only 20.  Would imagine him being our left back signing, can't see us signing 2 defenders before deadline day.  Reading about him he sounds very much like a full back but I'm sure I've seen him play centre half for them, am I imagining this?

Haven't really heard of him but judging from the comments on here about him, this lad sounds promising. Reckon he's being brought in to play at LB like and his supposed versatility to play on both the left and the right is probably what's brought our attention to him. If he truly is comfortable at LB, then I wouldn't be opposed to this signing at all.

So hope this bid is true and we'll see him in a NUFC shirt tomorrow.....