Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

So you're saying Santon shouldn't play UNTIL either of the fullbacks costs us a game? I'm only saying this because Santon is obviously superior to both of them. (based on what I have seen from him in Inter, and common sense).

All I know is that Pardew has a very difficult decision to make in that area.

Maybe the League Cup game will help him make his mind up.

We really need to be getting him settled into a place in the team before we play the Manc & Chelsea games as we have to be putting our very best players out against them if we are to get anything.

We dont want to be throwing him on late in one of those games when it is already lost.

He really has to start at Blackburn IMO

We really need to be getting him settled into a place in the team before we play the Manc & Chelsea games as we have to be putting our very best players out against them if we are to get anything.

We dont want to be throwing him on late in one of those games when it is already lost.

He really has to start at Blackburn IMO

This

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

On phone!

His 1 to 1 defending is very good, attacks with pace, linked up well with Jonas: played RB in 2nd half and was solid again

Sounds good.

Guest Roger Kint

He wasn't great... Certainly not a left back... Improved when switched to right back... Best I could say is a steady-ish full debut...

Got the same mark as HBA in both papers i read today so i will take this post as a fairer assessment.