Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Good going forward but is going to need time to get used to the Prem, I would not be starting him yet.

How can you tell that from listening to one match on the radio, man?

How can I tell he needs time?

Radio or not, "Santon knocked off the ball there" or "Santon out muscled there" was said a lot but I guess it makes sense that he will need times to get used to the league.

Santon was pushed off the ball quite easily at times last night but he just needs to get used to the physicality of the English game.  With that in mind, I am not sure Stoke is the right game to introduce him as a starter.

Santon was pushed off the ball quite easily at times last night but he just needs to get used to the physicality of the English game.  With that in mind, I am not sure Stoke is the right game to introduce him as a starter.

How was his attacking? sounded like he had a few runs going by the radio?

I would still like to see Santon having an extended run at LB (I still have some faith in Simpson like....).

Why? He's a right back and Right back is our weakest position in the team currently.

I would still like to see Santon having an extended run at LB (I still have some faith in Simpson like....).

Why? He's a right back and Right back is our weakest position in the team currently.

Im worried that as soon as we get comfortable with having R.Taylor at left back he will revert back to being absolutely woeful

Im worried that as soon as we get comfortable with having R.Taylor at left back he will revert back to being absolutely woeful

judging on what he's done since the start of the season he can play there until january when we'll DEFINITELY sign a left back :iamatwat:

How was his attacking? sounded like he had a few runs going by the radio?

Ineffective... Especially when playing Left Back as the defenders knew he'd check back which he did every time... Didn't get much more joy down the right either... Plus points were he was comfortable with the ball at his feet and his one on one defending seemed good... Big lad but quick... Yet barged off the ball worryingly a few times too many for my liking... Very early days... Certainly would be looking to swap him for Simpson in our starting XI asap...

some people are already questioning him? remember Colo/Jose's first games for us, even half seasons? give it a while to adapt like...

If you are referring to me I'm not questioning... Simply informing others who weren't there how well he did on the night who've asked the question... I'm not going to hide the fact he wasn't great... Like most of the team on the night... My only prophecy as such is that he is a right back and not a left back in my eyes...