Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

He actually seemed to be enjoying himself at times out there today. Good to see, because he seems a rather nervous character.

I'd like to know why he's ended up as a left back though, because he's very right footed. I understand that he originally played further forward, but Mourinho converted him into a full back - perhaps he already had someone decent on the right, and Santon was his best option on the left. For Italy, I think he had some games on the right.

Maicon was at right back was't he? Maybe thought he could do more cutting in and scoring and didn't require / want any big crosses over as well but he wasn't going to displace Maicon I suspect. To be honest he's looking fine on the left so it's great to have someone flexible, dunno if the club plans on switching him over to replace Simpson eventually or what

He actually seemed to be enjoying himself at times out there today. Good to see, because he seems a rather nervous character.

I'd like to know why he's ended up as a left back though, because he's very right footed. I understand that he originally played further forward, but Mourinho converted him into a full back - perhaps he already had someone decent on the right, and Santon was his best option on the left. For Italy, I think he had some games on the right.

Aye, Maicon was a only the best RB in Europe when he was there. :p

Enrique is one player I really, really wish well for the future and I hope he gets picked up by the Spain team. Hopefully he gets the fuck out of Liverpool at the first opportunity too.

£5m was a shite amount of money for him but seeing as Santon was cheap it's sort of cancelled out.

I think Santon needs a catchy nickname like 'the bull' though, any thoughts?

Still can't believe he's 20 like. :lol: 20 ffs!

Turned 21 two weeks ago :pow:

My bad.

He has great talent already for a player of his age and the potential to be amazing. Great game at the weekend too. :thup:

And well done to Pardew for holding back letting him earn his place and easing him into Premiership football. I thought this was the wrong decision initially but i'm happy to be proved wrong.

Still can't believe he's 20 like. :lol: 20 ffs!

Turned 21 two weeks ago :pow:

My bad.

He has great talent already for a player of his age and the potential to be amazing. Great game at the weekend too. :thup:

And well done to Pardew for holding back letting him earn his place and easing him into Premiership football. I thought this was the wrong decision initially but i'm happy to be proved wrong.

No worries mate. Aye, it is amazing that he's got this much ability at such a young age and the best thing is that he can only get better.