Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest Realist

Who are we kidding, really? It's Ashley. He'll bite their hand off if someone comes in with an £8m offer. Trouser the £3m. It's all about the profit.

With all the value we extract from the normally ridiculously inflated player market, there is the potential for a downside to being run by a ruthlessly efficient tightarse. 

http://i.imgur.com/T9WY8.gif

Who are we kidding, really? It's Ashley. He'll bite their hand off if someone comes in with an £8m offer. Trouser the £3m. It's all about the profit.

:lol: have you been reading at all? If he sells now for £8m he would make a £3m profit -but- if he sells in two years for £12m he would make a £7m profit.

What is the best option? Ashley hasn´t been a multi-millionaire with doing quick business.

It's all about rushing things on for a profit. Look at his cheapo emporium. Look at the Carroll deal. He's got previous. It'll happen again.

Guest Realist

It's the reality of footy forums these days.  We can't compete with the RedCafe's and the Rawks.  And if one of them comes in with a silly bid for wormy we can't turn that down. 

Wormy'd be shite on another forum. We made him what he is, think he'd struggle to adapt elsewhere.

Still, if the offer was right I'd get rid.

Plenty of potentially quality posters out there, I'd trust Andy and Dave to find a superior replacement.

Wormy'd be s**** on another forum. We made him what he is, think he'd struggle to adapt elsewhere.

Still, if the offer was right I'd get rid.

Plenty of potentially quality posters out there, I'd trust Andy and Dave to find a superior replacement.

:lol: class.

From my experience, it has hard to adapt to new forums so maybe you have a point.  :shifty:

Market value ?

Quite like the look of that Sewelly chap on KUMB, think he could do a job here.

Too much of a mercenary. Anyway I cannot believe Wormy's been sold, so there's nothing to worry about.

http://www.calciomercato.com/news/esclusiva-santon-a-cm-mai-piu-all-inter-il-milan-sarebbe-belliss-383812

Google Translation so sorry but you get the jist.

Davide Santon, who does not regret anything in Italy, will not move from Newcastle. Exclusively speaking on Calciomercato.com, then the strong side is confident that will not return to ' Inter, says that the British leaders have refused an offer from Roma for him in this session of the market, remembers how it was a Milan fan as a child and adds points as soon as possible to regain a place in the National Staff.

First, how are you physically?

"I'm really good. I recovered from a knee injury and now I'm facing the preparation with Newcastle at best."

By now you feel perfectly integrated in the team?

"Absolutely. I am fine with everyone from fellow fans, and now that I understand what the coach wants from me I'm ready to play a great season."

But have you had any difficulties? Perhaps with his tongue ...

"Yes, maybe at the beginning there was some problem with English and pretended that I had to figure out what Pardew Premier and style of football, but now it's all over."

This year, where you want to go?

"I think we can safely fight for a place in the Champions League. It 's hard, but we can do it."

What is the difference with the Italian league?

"The Italian league is more tactical, more physical than English. And there are many more spaces to play. It is also why I am fine here across the Channel. Here's more the fans will always argue, even if you lose three / four straight games and incitarti continue to cheer for you, without whistling and complain that the first difficulty. "

Who vai agree more of your classmates?

"I get along with all sincerity. If I speak Italian I do with Captain Coloccini (AC Milan ex, ed). But we are really a united and compact. There are no problems between us. And I think that we see in field. "

Why you young Italians phenomena (you, Verratti, Balotelli, etc.) who emigrated abroad?

"Simple: because in Italy you do not bet on young people."

It is for this reason that you left the ' Inter ?

"I left because I had not played away from Inter. I need my space to grow and prove my worth, I had some 'problems with the Nerazzurri. In particular, beginning with Benitez did not see me. For this reason I left. And now I'm delighted to be able to defend the shirt of Newcastle. If I were the owner I'd probably still in Milan, but since I was not playing, I decided to change the air to show my worth. "

But you miss the Premier League? Or do you miss Italy?

"The only thing I can not miss is the food of Italy. For the rest I do not miss anything. Since I started playing Pardew has continued to take sides. Game here and are appreciated by all, despite being young feel up the confidence of all to me. Then I found love here: they are engaged to an English girl who loves me and is not looking for fame. "

The Inter fans are always very fond of you and miss you, Would you go back ever?

"I can only thank the Inter fans are always with me because they were really beautiful. But I do not think of ever returning to Inter."

Inter still feel some of the players?

"Obi. We exchanged a few short message from time to time. With the other hand I pretty much lost contact."

What did Mourinho more than the other coaches?

"First I must say that I can only thank him because he was the first to give me confidence and focus on me. Can you give a crazy charge, knows how to use the right words at the right time. Motivates you and how no one ever gives you, the His winning mentality. "

With Mou you marked and defused Cristiano Ronaldo ...

"Yes, it was the perfect match. Even today people stop me on the street and congratulate me for that match. Against Manchester United ended 0-0, but I really disputai a partitone and I'm proud to be able to limit one of the strongest players in the world. "

Mourinho called you a baby phenomenal, Lippi predestined ... What is your dream career?

"Winning the World Cup with Italy, as well as some great victory with my club."

Who is the best player you've played?

"Luis Figo, a real phenomenon."

What do you think of Muntari and Lucio, who once went to Milan and Juve fans were angered Inter?

"After all they have won and lived with for Inter could avoid certain phrases, but if she felt the utter them, have had their reasons ...".

Never would go to Milan?

"Well, I as a child tifavo Milan. So it would certainly be great to wear the jersey of the team I supported as a child. Pear Having played with Inter would have a choice on which I should perhaps reflect ...".

According radiolabeled six followed by Rome ...

"Yes, it is true. Giallorossi I have spoken with the leaders of Newcastle but the British have explained how I had not for sale. And I'm glad they did it."

You are the captain the Under 21, you are very strong, where you can get?

"First you say I'm sorry of farewell to Ciro Ferrara, who will do very well at Sampdoria. But we have a very strong National, of course we aim to win the European championship."

Who is stronger than the light blue?

"I think we really have a very strong squad and we all are. But if I say I make a name Mattia Destro, which also will do well to go to Rome or to Juve, but the important thing is that everywhere I go they do play. Because he is very strong and trustworthy, not a place on the bench ... ".

But soon you want to regain the national team I guess ... more

"Absolutely. I tell you I would have expected to be present in the withdrawal of the National Pre Europeans. I'm not saying that I had to finish in 23, but at least 30 I think so. Prandelli But with no problem, I will do my best to get new confidence in the hope of returning as soon as possible to defend the colors of the national team. I know it depends only on me, then I will do my best to play in the Confederations Cup next year and especially the World Cup in Brazil in two years " .

Did you expect a European so nice of the Blues?

"Seeing the game delivered by the team hoped they could get away. Too bad for the final, but congratulations to the blues."

You still Balotelli? You can say it is acquired?

"Mario always feel it. For me will never change, but I say it in a positive way. He's a really nice person, sometimes commits nonsense but then quickly regrets the errors. And 'well done, a little' crazy, but then again is a real person, exquisite and delicious. And footballing talking about is a top player ... ".