Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Should've defended both goals better. He should have also reacted after the initial header for the second goal like Saylor instead of being a statue, might've prevented the goal.

Dude, I don't know what you're smoking but we won 2-1.

Should've defended both goals better. He should have also reacted after the initial header for the second goal like Saylor instead of being a statue, might've prevented the goal.

Dude, I don't know what you're smoking but we won 2-1.

you're both right.....in a way.

Guest bimpy474

My bad.. when Lennon raped him for the Bale header that hit the bar.... i've been up since 5am

5am Friday ? feck me you must be tired if you thought we drew 2-2 ;D

I thought he played really well, he certainly wasn't at fault on the goal, if anybody was it was Simpson for letting the cross in. Lennon certainly did skin him once, but he'll go past most players once he's in the box at speed, trying to tackle him will always likely to result in a penalty.

I thought he played really well, he certainly wasn't at fault on the goal, if anybody was it was Simpson for letting the cross in. Lennon certainly did skin him once, but he'll go past most players once he's in the box at speed, trying to tackle him will always likely to result in a penalty.

Simpson gets beaten by Lennon for the goal and he receives criticism, Santon gets beaten by Lennon and Bale hits the post and nothing is said.

I think he actually won the header at the far post for the goal but she should definitely have reacted the same way Defoe & Saylor did, instead he stood still.

He won't get better if we don't mention the weaknesses.

Simpson gets beaten by Lennon for the goal and he receives criticism, Santon gets beaten by Lennon and Bale hits the post and nothing is said.

I think he actually won the header at the far post for the goal but she should definitely have reacted the same way Defoe & Saylor did, instead he stood still.

He won't get better if we don't mention the weaknesses.

Aye, cos he regularly reads this board looking for coaching advice  :lol:

:lol:

:sadnod:

Don't get me wrong, I rate Santon much more highly than Simpson, but people have made their minds up now and there's no fair assessment.

:sadnod:

Don't get me wrong, I rate Santon much more highly than Simpson, but people have made their minds up now and there's no fair assessment.

Like it should be something new. Some players can´t succed and some can´t fail. I think everyone get there´s.

Guest frazernufc

I cant be the only one thinking that If Santon is ever converted to RB, he'll leave us exposed without the help of Jonas shifting back when Santon goes forward and helping him. With HBA not a defensive player and is the one sort of given the free role in our midfield, I reckon Santon will be wanting to get forward whenever he sees that space infront of him. Just think it could cause us problems defensively, but on the other hand the thought of Santon and HBA attacking down the right makes me drool :drool:

Hopefully the idea of this will be pointless at the end of the window though if we manage to get you know who.

I´m disappointed with his start of the season. He hasn´t been good at all. Neither offensively or defensively. I´m not doubting his capacity. But he hasn´t started well (like many others)

And what is this myth that he must have Jonas in front of him? If he played at the right with HBA in front of him. On of our midfielders could fill in, or one of the center backs with a midfielder to drop back. It could be solved.

Guest TurboTrev

IMHO Santon is a very average defender who sometimes looks good going forward - for me we need new right and left backs.